I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

3rd Annual DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Re: 3rd Annual DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion

Post by mtd679 »

Thanks Rob and Ken for putting together such a fine event. Had a great time, and it was nice seeing everyone.

Sorry we missed ya'll on Sunday. I figured there'd be a couple of stragglers by the time Kathy and I got back from our ride. Thanks for putting our stuff together for us, and Dave thanks for making sure we got it okay.
bunch of bike I don't ride...
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

had a great time, this is still very beta I banged it out real quick over lunch this afternoon:

This is the route we took in both directions. I need to tweak it some, add some arrows make the different track logs different colors etc etc, but I think it's a start. I'm going to add support for routes and waypoints. Maybe this could morph into something the DAMN site can use to maintain a group list of waypoints and routes.

http://killface.crofrog.net/gpx/tracks.html
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

I just tossed a bunch more pix on my photo site. Have a look :brows:
Did our Harrisburg riders make it back OK? I gotta tell you guys those boys have some SWEEEET XR650Rs :roost:
Met this car washer when Jay and I stopped for a fill up. It just seemed appropriate that she should be next to a dirty bike :poser:
Pix are here...

http://imageevent.com/peteh/greenridged ... tride42409

If anybody wants a higher res of anything you see here, I can email them. Originals were shot at about 10 megs a pic. I'm on cable so no biggie, but if you have a 5 meg limit per email I need to know to scale back to your limit size.
Great ride gentlemen. I'm always impressed how everybody seems to get along at these events. Quite an interesting group of guys and everybody had a common goal of raising hell on dirtbikes. AMEN.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

crofrog wrote:had a great time, this is still very beta I banged it out real quick over lunch this afternoon:

This is the route we took in both directions. I need to tweak it some, add some arrows make the different track logs different colors etc etc, but I think it's a start. I'm going to add support for routes and waypoints. Maybe this could morph into something the DAMN site can use to maintain a group list of waypoints and routes.

http://killface.crofrog.net/gpx/tracks.html
wow - this has potential! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Zina and I managed to drop by G7 for a couple hours on Saturday, and were greeted with a DAMN warm welcome. I'd planned on just hanging out and catching up with The DAMNed Crew, but Bucho tempted Zina with a DR, and Ken had me throw a leg over his EXC (sweet bike, BTW), and Zina got her first taste of Dual Sport riding -- she's been across the country three times on a street bike, but up until Saturday, had never turned a wheel on dirt.

She was wearing an ear-to-ear grin when we got back, so I think she liked it, and with any luck, may be hooked. We're shopping for gear on Craig's List. :loveit: Thanks to Jeff for the gear for Zina, and thanks to the guy that lent me the helmet, sorry, I don't remember your name.

It was great to see everyone, and a DAMN shame we didn't have more time to hang out and enjoy some charred stuff off the grill. :eats: :kbasa:

Oh, yeah, and we managed to get my sister-in-law's car washed up and you can hardly tell I took it on the ORV loop. Really. :lol2:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

That is good news Al - getting Zina on the dirt will definitely get you more time riding!

As usual, it was DAMN good to see you! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
pinkzu

Post by pinkzu »

I want to say thanks to everyone for a great weekend. Dan and I had a great time thanks to all the guys for making a girl feel welcome. Also thanks for letting me show some of you my favorite parts of greenridge on our dual sport ride Sunday. It was a fantastic weekend full of fun riding and conversations. Can't wait to do it again hopefully soon. I will post some pics soon just wanted to say thanks. Dawn
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Thanks for the great time everyone. And thanks to Dan and everyone else who helped repair the Husky. It was great geting to see everyone again and also meeting some new people. Once I have some time to edit some of the videos, I'll try and post them.
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

here's a fun fact leaving bills place after running into you all on our way out. If you roll on hard on High Germany road at the top of there hill there is a jump in the pavement around 85mph :roost:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

And then there was this....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.