I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by hondahawkrider »

I have a new (to me) dual sport now... :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:

It's been way too long.. I had thought I would have my 620 back on the road by now, but it turned into take it all the way apart thing, and then life interfered - kid on the way, married - etc.. I sold my sxc for quick cash to pay for the wedding - but I was left a bit left over, and was allowed to look for a dual sport to have some fun with - so I could take my time with the 620 - the frame is going for powdercoating - etc...

There are a number of good deals to be had right now - but you have to strike quickly and be persistant.. I have had 3 pulled out from underneath me where I thought it was a done deal ... I got snaked on a dr650 that I really wanted that had the same color scheme as my old dr350se, and the same has happened on a klr and a nx650... There are allot of bikes on the market - but I was limited by $$ I could spend...

Anyway, I am a huge fan of craigshelper (http://www.craigshelper.com/) which allows you to search craigslist and ebay for the same area at the same time... Anyway, on sunday if found the following ad

Mar 1 - 2000 xr650l - $2000 - (harford) - http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/1055295358.html

no pics, no details - it just listed that info and a phone number that said call anytime... So I did... I was first one to not try some absurd lowball offer.. I went to see it not having access to tow vehicle (it's in the shop - got hit in the snow storm).. It was mint 7000 miles - super clean - with some goodies (after market exhaust, handlebar) -etc.. We didn't close a deal on the spot - as he was waiting on an offer to go to the mva to get a title (original was lost), but I left a deposit... I honestly kept thinking I would get a call saying he sold it out from under me for more, but luck was with me this time - as it's now mine...

It's really clean... I still can't believe it.. Anyway, I should have it ready for inspection this weekend (it's got an aftermarket taillight w/o the fender - so I have to put that back on it - and I want to take off the lowering links - change the oil- etc)....

So I'm back... finally :loveit: :loveit:
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by Bucho »

Its too bad you had to buy a Honda...

But you're stuck w/ it now, so come out and ride!!!!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Bucho wrote:Its too bad you had to buy a Honda...

But you're stuck w/ it now, so come out and ride!!!!
LOL.. do we not notice my screen name... LOL....

I loved the dr350se I had.. I would have been fine with a dr650 - but they were easily 800-1000 more....

That said - if you look in the background - Greg is selling a xt350 that on the stand in the background... Neat bike - but I wanted a e start...
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

so, no more lame excuses about not riding this summer? :lol2:

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice find. :thumbup:

I bought-three bikes last year off Craig's List and sold two the same way.
Bruce
Frisson
DAMN n00b

Post by Frisson »

Nice find! Looks great.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Congrats on the new ride!! Now, time to get out and get her dirty!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:so, no more lame excuses about not riding this summer? :lol2:

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
lol.. geez tough room...

I guess prolonged recovery periods for back surgery (nov 07) and then kidney surgery (Feb 08) are lame excuses. :shrug: .. Tell you what.. I will ride the 990Adv out and put it on it's side and see how well you do picking it up... It used to hurt like a bitch just putting it on the center stand... Mostly better now... so it's on....

ps. I have sent some friends here and they are giving me grief about the "Happy Holidays" - it's march now... can we have the old banner back...
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hondahawkrider wrote:ps. I have sent some friends here and they are giving me grief about the "Happy Holidays" - it's march now... can we have the old banner back...
Huh? I thought it was reset - I tweaked a few settings - have someone try - I logged out and checked it and did not get the holiday banner

btw, picking up the KLR isn't fun and I'm in (old but) good health! :knary:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

No holiday banner here.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.