I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by mdubya »

No more holiday banners for me. Just a couple of talented and handsome riders up there for me. :rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

mdubya wrote:No more holiday banners for me. Just a couple of talented and handsome riders up there for me. :rickey:
no matter how you sweet talk me, it's still not going to get you anywhere .. with me... I dunno about rob... :rickey:
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

OK. cross your fingers it passes inspection ... Got a bunch of stuff done today
back to stock (non-lowered) ride hight..
put the stock tail-light on it - it's hideous...
chained oil and cleaned the air filer (K/n pre charger, not a good idea)
Everything works - the only thing that I don't have is a chain cover .. My guy is easy going so I hope it's not a big deal...
Slapped a tag on it from another bike and took if for a 20mi spin just to see how everything works...

It ran great (after the precharger - condom looking thing over the k/n filter was removed) .. The smog stuff has been removed allready and it appears that some version of dave's mods have been done (http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/xr650lcarbmods/)... It runs strong - feels like it has power in just about any gear - very torquey... That said - the trans is goign to take some getting used to... It's a very notchy transmission, it requires a bit of oomph to shift into first and the gap from 1st to 2nd is noticibly longer.. From what I have read - this is normal behavior - especially as it's 15+ year technology.. It's kinda like driving a truck after being in a sportcar... I will get used to it..

Overall I am EXTREMELY pleased with it..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

The XR is old technology, but it bulletproof. I miss mine. It'll run forever without needing worked on.

You can ride the wheels off that thing & get your money back when you're done!
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

hondahawkrider wrote:OK. cross your fingers it passes inspection ... Got a bunch of stuff done today
back to stock (non-lowered) ride hight..
put the stock tail-light on it - it's hideous...
chained oil and cleaned the air filer (K/n pre charger, not a good idea)
Everything works - the only thing that I don't have is a chain cover .. My guy is easy going so I hope it's not a big deal...
Slapped a tag on it from another bike and took if for a 20mi spin just to see how everything works...

That said - the trans is goign to take some getting used to... It's a very notchy transmission, it requires a bit of oomph to shift into first and the gap from 1st to 2nd is noticibly longer.. From what I have read - this is normal behavior - especially as it's 15+ year technology.. It's kinda like driving a truck after being in a sportcar... I will get used to it..

Overall I am EXTREMELY pleased with it..

Use Spectro 20-50 oil and after a change or two the notchyness should go away, i cant run anything else in mine or i constantly miss shifts