I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

bike help... dr650 vs xr650l

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: bike help... dr650 vs xr650l

Post by motojunky »

My buddy's DR is a '97. It's pretty much all stock. At one point he lowered the gearing, but I don't know if he's still on that chain/sprocket setup or if he's gone back to stock. He's got a nice little removeable windshield that may or may not come with it and a homegrown rear rack too. It has a slight base gasket leak that it's had for the last 10 years or so. It doesn't leak any quantity of oil between changes, it just gets the area damp when it's used. It runs and looks very good.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Re: bike help... dr650 vs xr650l

Post by hondahawkrider »

Well xcross your fingers.... I have found what I feel is the perfect bike for the $$ I have..
The NX feel thru - but I got send to another bike

I found a 2000 xr650l with 7k for a great price and left a deposit north of baltimore.. It's carb has been drilled and it's got a IDS Supertrapp (stock comes with it) seat has been scooped and it's been lowered 1.5 inches, it's got like a 48L tooth rear sprocket on it - so it's geared for the road -but come with some others - runs like a raped ape.. .. I originally didn't like how it's been lowered - but with the seat and the lowering - I can exactly put both feet down solidly down... So it should be perfect for getting used to the dirt again.... So hope this goes thru for me and I could be back out at greenridge within a 10 days
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se