Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9006
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by Rut Row » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Laoch wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:43 pm
Too late? SDG on my DRZ :thumbup:

What's next? Tires? Oil? Bars? :lol2:
not oil, please! :dirtdog:

:lol2:
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
gots_a_sol
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 601
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:08 am
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by gots_a_sol » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Rotella!
-Joe

'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177

User avatar
Glenduro
DAMN Expert
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:45 am
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by Glenduro » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Here is my list so far:

Dunlop D606 tires
undecided - foot-pegs?
ordered - A brighter headlight
ordered - Seat concepts seat
Got it-Wind screen
Got it -SUB-FRAME SUPPORT

It already has the 5.8 Acerbis tank, handlebar risers, ram mount, luggage rack with pelican case and skid plate.

I just had the full service done and carb rebuilt by 2WP over in Elkridge.
Last edited by Glenduro on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L

User avatar
J&J
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 892
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by J&J » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:40 pm

+1 on the Rotella for the BRP
Also on the 606 rear. :thumbup:
Jacobs bike had a Continental TKC80 on the front when we got it. I wore out a Dunlop & that TKC is still on his. Got my vote & there is one on the front of mine now...Image

What’s this rear stabilizer you speak of?

User avatar
Glenduro
DAMN Expert
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:45 am
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by Glenduro » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 pm

Should have said SUB-FRAME SUPPORT for the rear of the XR.
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L

User avatar
J&J
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 892
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by J&J » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:15 am

Ah, I’ve broken mine & welded in gussets. Can’t use the right support with my Supertrapp so I haven’t bought them. Been thinking about making my own brackets in addition to the gussets.

User avatar
Junior
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by Junior » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 am

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-ATV- ... r/16777864
i put this cheap thing over my stock seat. it was just for a one day ride. its been on there for seven years!
07 DR 650 (moab tested & future ultimate adventure bike)
99 wr 250 husky (finally done)

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9006
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by Rut Row » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:39 pm

Junior wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 am
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-ATV- ... r/16777864
i put this cheap thing over my stock seat. it was just for a one day ride. its been on there for seven years!
yabut ... you haven't ridden in 6 years :chicken kiss:
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
Junior
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by Junior » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 am

Rut Row wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:39 pm
Junior wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 am
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-ATV- ... r/16777864
i put this cheap thing over my stock seat. it was just for a one day ride. its been on there for seven years!
yabut ... you haven't ridden in 6 years :chicken kiss:
Three actually! :dirtdog:
07 DR 650 (moab tested & future ultimate adventure bike)
99 wr 250 husky (finally done)

User avatar
Junior
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Best aftermarket seats for comfort

Post by Junior » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:14 am

Glenduro wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:50 pm
Here is my list so far:

Dunlop D606 tires
undecided - foot-pegs?
ordered - A brighter headlight
ordered - Seat concepts seat
Got it-Wind screen
Got it -SUB-FRAME SUPPORT

It already has the 5.8 Acerbis tank, handlebar risers, ram mount, luggage rack with pelican case and skid plate.

I just had the full service done and carb rebuilt by 2WP over in Elkridge.
sounds like a good set up!
07 DR 650 (moab tested & future ultimate adventure bike)
99 wr 250 husky (finally done)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests