2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 8744
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by Rut Row » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Ken
2019 Mystery Bike; EM Escape? Harley Road King? :shrug:
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
phoo
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:38 am
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by phoo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Keep up the great work!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2005 KTM 300 EXC :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200 :: sidecar without bike (for sale)

User avatar
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3180
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by Wingfixer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Saweet! Single track? :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

User avatar
gots_a_sol
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:08 am
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by gots_a_sol » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Didn't read the article yet, but this should be the Kitzmiller property. Some hard and steep stuff there already.
-Joe

'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 8744
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by Rut Row » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:52 pm

gots_a_sol wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:38 pm
Didn't read the article yet, but this should be the Kitzmiller property. Some hard and steep stuff there already.
yup - next step is an assessment of what can be sustained and then a new trail plan. Very promising!
Ken
2019 Mystery Bike; EM Escape? Harley Road King? :shrug:
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
Junior
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 828
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by Junior » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:31 am

Rut Row wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:52 pm
gots_a_sol wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:38 pm
Didn't read the article yet, but this should be the Kitzmiller property. Some hard and steep stuff there already.
yup - next step is an assessment of what can be sustained and then a new trail plan. Very promising!
any progress on this?
07 DR 650 (moab tested)
99 wr 250 husky (almost done)
02 wr 360 husky (another basket case)

User avatar
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 2223
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by Laoch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:10 am

Closed to all riding since the State took it :deal:

Read all the catch phrases in original article-

Ecologically-Important Area Conserved and Preserved--
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to preserve a very large tract of ecologically-important land --
This county-approved purchase provides for the permanent conservation of a variety of important natural resources, including a riparian forest along the North Branch of the Potomac River, three brook trout streams, approximately 1,700 acres of mixed forest, an area of Wetlands of Special State Concern and extensive acreage of important forest interior bird habitat.

etc,etc,
Bruce
2016 Freeride/'03 KLX 400/'13 CB500X

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 8744
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by Rut Row » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 am

Laoch wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:10 am
Closed to all riding since the State took it :deal:

Read all the catch phrases in original article-

Ecologically-Important Area Conserved and Preserved--
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to preserve a very large tract of ecologically-important land --
This county-approved purchase provides for the permanent conservation of a variety of important natural resources, including a riparian forest along the North Branch of the Potomac River, three brook trout streams, approximately 1,700 acres of mixed forest, an area of Wetlands of Special State Concern and extensive acreage of important forest interior bird habitat.

etc,etc,
Just wait. I was disappointed that they didn't mention trails. But I have personally met with the head of Parks and the MDOHVA is paying to have an early trail assessment done and Parks has agreed to open as many sustainable trails as possible this year.
Ken
2019 Mystery Bike; EM Escape? Harley Road King? :shrug:
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 2223
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by Laoch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Rut Row wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 am
Laoch wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:10 am
Closed to all riding since the State took it :deal:

Read all the catch phrases in original article-

Ecologically-Important Area Conserved and Preserved--
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to preserve a very large tract of ecologically-important land --
This county-approved purchase provides for the permanent conservation of a variety of important natural resources, including a riparian forest along the North Branch of the Potomac River, three brook trout streams, approximately 1,700 acres of mixed forest, an area of Wetlands of Special State Concern and extensive acreage of important forest interior bird habitat.

etc,etc,
Just wait. I was disappointed that they didn't mention trails. But I have personally met with the head of Parks and the MDOHVA is paying to have an early trail assessment done and Parks has agreed to open as many sustainable trails as possible this year.
:deal:
Bruce
2016 Freeride/'03 KLX 400/'13 CB500X

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 4337
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: 2,000 more acres? New State Park Slated for Western Maryland

Post by Bucho » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Hey, Ken has worked his ass off and though it took years, they did finally open some offroad trails.

Yes, I don't see it happening THIS year either at Kitzmiller. But lets stay positive, maybe they can start to see the money opportunity and open some more property.
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest