I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Wasp progress report

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Wasp progress report

Post by Wingfixer » Thu May 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Keep plugging away......and maybe wire some outlets for heated gear, :target:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al » Fri May 29, 2009 12:36 pm

Naah, ride faster. Fear keeps you warm.

I'm sort of surprised that the Works Performance shock is non-rebuildable. Or was the shock body scored?

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Fri May 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Roadracer_Al wrote:I'm sort of surprised that the Works Performance shock is non-rebuildable. Or was the shock body scored?
scored, gouged (shock) ... reamed (me)

about $350 for a new one.

same story for the Honda shock - lucky for me I had bought a cheap used 1985 CR500 shock off of fleabay. They will strip parts from it to rebuild the main shock.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Ohmagawd

Post by Rut Row » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:23 am

:rant: the old Honda shock was useless so I am getting a new custom made main shock

BUT! the rebuilt front shocks and new hack & main shocks should ship Monday :loveit:

new hoses are in route

:loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:

:roost: :roost: :roost: coming soon! :knary:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:09 pm

:lurker: when does this movie start :whip: we want to see the pictures :brows: sand woods mud dirt mountains :gdog: all around feature :lurker: dont skimp on the special effects :knary: we want action shots :whoop: DAMN right. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: cant wait to see it in action. :thumbup:
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:09 pm

401dan wrote::lurker: when does this movie start :whip: we want to see the pictures :brows: sand woods mud dirt mountains :gdog: all around feature :lurker: dont skimp on the special effects :knary: we want action shots :whoop: DAMN right. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: cant wait to see it in action. :thumbup:
okay, okay... we'll get the scantily clad wiminks outa the video and just show the bike :deal:
Ken

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Shocking news!

Post by Rut Row » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:55 pm

My shocks came today! :loveit:

However, I was horrified when I opened the carton and saw this.

Tell me it ain't so! My GAWD! After waiting 4 months did the shocks get damaged in transit! :wallbash:

Fortunately, no. Turns out the leak came from the unusable parts from the shock rebuild - dead shocks, worn parts... trash in other words. You can imagine my relief! Although I wish they had tossed them and saved the shipping cost. :screwy:

The rebuilt front shocks.

The main shock was toast and Works made me a brand new one. Finding a 1985 CR500 main shock in usable condition was impossible. I had a used one and when they disassembled it, it was trash too . Nice of them to send an adjuster for the main.

The sidecar shock was toast as well so I had Works Performance make a new shock for the hack. And they sent an adjuster for the hack shock too. Nice guys! :thumbup:

Can you guess what I'm doing this weekend? :gdog:
Ken

401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:14 pm

DISHES AND CUTTING THE GRASS :harhar: :lol2: and maybe some instalation work :bow: :shrug: WHAT you have parts real parts :loveit: :hi5: :gdog: :thumbup: to put on the bike :rickey: :roost: :whoop: OH MY GOD CAN IT BE FINNALY. :harhar: :lol2: :eyes: :eyes: :amazon: :knary: LETS GET BUSY TIME TO RIDE SOON. :frustrated:
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!

Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Boy, that Dan guy sure knows how to hit you where it hurts. :whip:

Very cool on the shocks -- you are now officially the first person I know who has CUSTOM BUILT shocks. Bitchin. :pimp:

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Well, got all the shocks installed, installed the radiators and new hoses, and started putting the airbox et al back on.

Ended up tearing apart the leading link forks and regreasing everything. Also had to clean out a plugged gease fiting assembly. The grease goes through the center of the bolt and inserts grease in the center of the shaft. See below. Both bolts were plugged and looked like they hadn't been usable in a decade. The front shocks were rebuilt and look like sh*t but as long as they work, I'm happy.

The main shock is new and went on pretty easy.

The hack shock, also new, was a pice of cake to install. What wasn't fun was removing the swingarm--it was frozen solid. I cleaned it up and installed grease fittings for the swing arm bolt and the axle bolt. You can see the axle grease fitting in the pic below.

Hopefully I'll have it reassembled by next weekend and drag Bucho out to help setup the shocks.
Ken