I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Tag-o-DAMN-rama

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: Tag-o-DAMN-rama

Post by bonehead » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Daves08excr wrote:Na no body's listening.
What? Did someone say something? You available early Sunday for a ride? Move the tag to a wet area?
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!

Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Headed down the ocean for the weekend thanks anyway.Going down to peddle and paddle.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.

hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:02 pm

bonehead wrote:
What? Did someone say something? You available early Sunday for a ride? Move the tag to a wet area?
Sunday ride, to creek area..... Details.... The xr needs to stretch it's legs...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:28 pm

hondahawkrider wrote:
bonehead wrote:
Sunday ride, to creek area..... Details.... The xr needs to stretch it's legs...
can you stand a few hours on that thing? PM sent.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Tag!

Go east on Boonsboro Mountain Road and about 1/4 mile or so before you get to I-70 overpass, turn right down the dirt road. Eventually you get to the back side of the rest stop that is on I-70 southbound.

btw Bucho, that little road to the right is the one I mentioned we need to explore. :rickey:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:09 pm

new tag... :jack:

Ken

bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Kyler wrote:new tag... :jack:

I am starting to really like this stuff. This was the frist of three tries. Ken and I stood on the bank of the creek deciding which line "LOOKED" shallow enough for us to make it. The water here was a little deeper then we thought at 20' feet away. Actually, the rear end is floating. :lol2: . I just grabbed the rear rack and walked it around then pushed the front out. Once we got back on shore I went back it and tested the water to actually find the shallow area (maybe a few inchess less). then i started up the 950 and went for it again(with Ken laughing a me). the next time I made it. i went down the road a little and turned around to see if Ken was going to need some help. So, I crossed back thru and asked him. He muttered something about not being a DAMN pus and fired up the black beast :loveit: and went for it.

Afterwards we decided to run our bikes for a little and dry them( the indsides at least) off.

So, Ken how do you like wearing waterproof boots(BUCKETS). :poser:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:45 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Lesson #1 - when riding with bonehead, wear chest waders! :poser:

Lesson #2 - don't try crossing creeks when you are wearing your waterproof riding boots - can you say squishy toes? :boohoo:

btw, the new tag is Back River Ford on Ganotown Road GPS: N39.40238 W78.14190

Bonus points for crossing the creek - bike must be at least axle deep in the water for tagging credit. :deal:
Ken

nani

Post by nani » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:29 pm

thats deep!!

so the KTMs run on creek water?

phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Wow! Where is the intake on those bikes? My poor WR would be sucking water in much shallower water.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200