I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials Open House Nov 3rd

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Re: Trials Open House Nov 3rd

Post by BillyGoat »

Would it be OK to bring my kids to ride the trails and maybe just spectate with no intention to ride any trials loops? Or is this frounded upon? How much is it to attend? Gate fee? How much is lunch? Can I arrive any time? When is the event "closed"

Billy
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BillyGoat wrote:Would it be OK to bring my kids to ride the trails and maybe just spectate with no intention to ride any trials loops? Or is this frounded upon? How much is it to attend? Gate fee? How much is lunch? Can I arrive any time? When is the event "closed"
All I know is posted in this thread. It explicidly states "Remember...Kids, Helmets, Quiet trail bikes, 4 wheelers and Trials bikes welcome."
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

BillyGoat wrote:Would it be OK to bring my kids to ride the trails and maybe just spectate with no intention to ride any trials loops? Or is this frounded upon? How much is it to attend? Gate fee? How much is lunch? Can I arrive any time? When is the event "closed"

Billy
I think you will find the intent is to have those with trials bikes have a chance to check out the new stuff but even more important is to expose those not involved with trials to see how family friendly trials can be and hope to grow the trials family.
Just states to bring a dish to share and they are grilling something up for everyone.
With the change in date I will not be able to attend. I know Dan will do a great job making everyone welcome
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Billy
Billy,

Show up with some food and smiles and I think you'll be all set. Be careful though... someone will almost certainly twist your arm to ride a trials bike. You may leave wanting one. :lol2:

I wish I could make it, but there's way too much to do to prep for our trials event in DE on 11/10.

Have fun!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Billy

It's not a formal event. There is no "fee". It is open to trials club members and others interested in trials. There will be some work on the sections and then "play" riding for the trials guys. Food is provided by the club, but they ask you bring something like a dish, tub of potato salad or something like that. Even a bucket of chicken wings is fine. This is family friendly, but it is NOT a dirt bike ride, so leave the KTM and Berg's at home! :freakey:

Kids will enjoy it and a safe place for them to ride as well as you can check out some of the action. Trials is a great spectator sport IMO.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm thinking these bikes are a little small...

Firebolter's bike came out real nice

I had a great time and got an introduction to trials. I'm looking forward to the next time out.

And the grounds we rode on was really nice. :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yup it was a great day! Perfect riding conditions. I didn't even get dirty!

This rat rod was out there rippin'!

The Suzuki beastie

Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

after looking at your bike, Rat Rod is very apt!
Ken
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I was at stoneleigh farm riding today so I missed the event. I am curious though how difficult/expensive it is to find a functional trials bike to get started on. It seems like this would be right up my alley (as I'm not big on the idea of crashing while going fast).
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Trials Open House Nov 3rd

Post by Firebolter »

Do you want vintage or modern? You can get a nice modern bike for 2500-3000 or so. You can find a good running vintage as cheap as a grand, but if you're willing to spend ~2g's you can get a fully functional vintage bike that needs no work at all. Roger Annandale has a sweet Bultaco he is selling that has been gone through with a fresh motor for 1800. It looks really nice. Go to the Mid Atlantic Vintage Trials website and look at the classified tab.

Half the fun of the vintage bikes is bringing them back then cruising around the woods on them. While they are no where near as capable as a modern bike, they are a bunch of fun.
Lots of cool bikes---