I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

stoneleigh Farm Open

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: stoneleigh Farm Open

Post by Boom Boom »

Why would you want to do something silly like cut trees that are across the trail.... :shrug:
Perhaps throw in a kicker for the beginners.... but cut a log off the trail...never. :dirtdog:
Next thing they will be at my place expecting me to break out a chainsaw :poser:
Sounds like you have a fun place, thanks for providing a riding area for the boys down your direction :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Post by jdhargrave »

These are not logs across the path, these are 75 to125 foot trees with all their branches across the path from the ground up to 20-30 feet in the air. No one has walked through this ground for a very long time. Not even a deer trail to start with.
Come on down and give it a go, I will leave a log just for you BB.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sounds like fun...can you get me a 3 day weekend schedule so I can find more time to ride :shrug:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Post by jdhargrave »

Five "A" level riders went into the "A"/AA" section and never came out , a search party found no signs of their whereabouts, our sympathies go out to their families.posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=3141&sid=5 ... 4c59d0cf52#

Just kidding, they did go in but none completed the trail and made exits on the escape routes. I spent two hours improving the escape routes so if a rider gets to the two exits and decides not to try either, the rider can now get out without cursing the day he or she ever got into the mess that is "AA".
Be careful what you wish forhttp://www.DAMNriders.org/posting.php?mode=rep ... 4c59d0cf52#
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Post by jdhargrave »

Five "A" level riders went into the "A"/AA" section and never came out , a search party found no signs of their whereabouts, our sympathies go out to their families.

Just kidding, they did go in but none completed the trail and made exits on the escape routes. I spent two hours improving the escape routes so if a rider gets to the two exits and decides not to try either, the rider can now get out without cursing the day he or she ever got into the mess that is "AA".
Be careful what you wish for!!
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

jdhargrave wrote:Five "A" level riders went into the "A"/AA" section and never came out , a search party found no signs of their whereabouts, our sympathies go out to their families.

Be careful what you wish for!!

Uh oh, now Ive gotta come ride this :roost:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Stinson wrote:Uh oh, now Ive gotta come ride this :roost:
Ayup!

I'm a little surprised. That one exit was not going to ever happen on an enduro bike. The other looked slipperier than snot but doable. I think if I got stuck, I would try riding down the rocky stream to where you drop into the option then go up the hill the way I did last time before the AA section was put in.

Thanks again for all of the hard work, Jed!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Post by jdhargrave »

Patrick,
I frankly think that the second exit is a trials section unto itself and not easy for them. You will like the escape route, it is not going to be all that easy due to the off camber approach. I will be taking photos or video when you give it a go.

jed
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

When *I* give it a go? That ought to be entertaining. ;-)

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Post by jdhargrave »

Just finish a nice B to B+ level section today, now you can take the woods from the corner down from the grass track all the way to the start/finish marker. It has it all, elevation, roots, rocks and of course it is off camber. Trying to add something new every week.

RIDESTONELEIGHFARM on Facebook,

Jed