I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Howdy from a new ds'er

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Howdy from a new ds'er

Post by Longboardr »

Howdy folks, recently found your site while digging through posts over on ADVRider.

Recently turned 40 so I figured I'd better pull the trigger if I was ever going to get back on dirt :rickey: I picked up a WR250R earlier this year. Fun bike, light enough to be easy to pick up and (so far) not quick enough to get me in too deep before I realize things aren't going as intended.

I've spent a couple of days putting around on the forest roads in Michaux. I've been going up into the area since I was a kid but I've only seen it's dirt from my Jeep seat. Sent in a check today for the DS ride in August, looking forward to getting onto some of the side trails. It's been hell passing those gates and resisting temptation :brows:

Joe
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Howdy from a new ds'er

Post by Bucho »

Howdy New Guy. Glad you got your Yamaha and decided to join the ranks. I wont be doing the Michaux DS this year, but I did it last year and it was a great ride, you'll have fun. I also enjoy poking around on the dirt roads up there. I'm not saying I've never ridden illegally but for the most part you are better off resisting temptation and staying on the right side of the yellow gates. I don't think its worth the trouble. In the meantime come out on some rides with us. We are doing Hatfield-McCoy next month...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Add the Durty dabbers in Mill Hall, PA to your list of rides to do - you'll love it!

and welcome for the funny farm!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Welcome to the site Longboardr. :cheers: :whoop:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Thanks fellas, the Durty Dabbers ride conflicts with a trip I've already got planned to the Dragon but that HM ride looks like a winner.
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

welcome! You skate or surf? longboard?
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r