I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DRZ kick stand switch?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

DRZ kick stand switch?

Post by Damage Inc. »

Anybody in the Parkville area have a kick stand switch for a DRZ400s I can borrow to get through MD insp? You can have it back after it goes through...

I took my working switch off and now that I'm ready to tag the bike it no longer works..?
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Re: DRZ kick stand switch?

Post by Ovo »

Damage Inc. wrote:Anybody in the Parkville area have a kick stand switch for a DRZ400s I can borrow to get through MD insp? You can have it back after it goes through...

I took my working switch off and now that I'm ready to tag the bike it no longer works..?
Let me look tonight at home. I should have mine somewhere in a box.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Thanks $60 for something I don't want or need(until now) is a bit steep...
'06 VTX1300r
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Damage Inc. wrote:Thanks $60 for something I don't want or need(until now) is a bit steep...
I Agree...I am pretty sure I know where it is. My son will be needing it too to get his pass inspection soon.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

somebody could start a nice side business renting our commonly disabled parts - just sayin!

:lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I actually took mine apart hoping to be able to "fix" it. It appears to be a magnetic field switch.? 2 small contacts and some sort of resitor dohickey. It also is not a 12v switch. I'll look into a repair if possible, then again the inspector may not notice it or care. I haven't taken it in yet, probably on Monday. I'll let you know if they fail it.

Thanks again.
'06 VTX1300r
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

I have one. I cut off the plug end though. You will have to butt connect it or something. Are you sure it's required for inspection?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thats pretty nitt picky. Im suprised they would require that.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

frogman1981 wrote:I have one. I cut off the plug end though. You will have to butt connect it or something. Are you sure it's required for inspection?

I cut mine off also. If I get time I'll take it in tomorrow and let you know if they notice...
Where in Notingham are you...I used to ride right off Bucks School house where the water test station is. I still take my son there from time to time.
'06 VTX1300r
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Bucho wrote:Thats pretty nitt picky. Im suprised they would require that.
You never can tell. It depends on the inspector and how slow the shop is. Back when I did MSI's I would let some stuff go, unless it was for the used car department :salute: I've never seen the check sheet for bike and don't know if it's required or not. At this point I'm just going to leave it off and hope for the best.

Thanks for all the offers.

But now I want to know how it works. It's a 5v input/output. It has a diode and a magnet that moves with the plunger. I can see the contacts. They are in a small glass tube so you can't get at them I think my diode took a dump. I'll waste time at work f'n with it.........................
'06 VTX1300r