I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2012 DAMN Dual-Sport Riding Calendar

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

2012 DAMN Dual-Sport Riding Calendar

Post by Rut Row »

Its that time again! This thread is for dual-sport rides. Someone can start another thread for Enduros and Hare Scrambles. I'll accumulate all DS rides in post #1.

April 14/15 Pine Barons 300 - Big bike friendly, see advrider.com for details. 4 strokes only

April 19-22 DAMN Hatfield McCoy trail Trip -> linky viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2321

June 2-3 Durty Dabbers

Jun 24th - 7 Mountains DS

Aug 12 - Michaux DS

October 6/7 Shenandoah 500

Nov 3-4 Hammer Run - you should consider this DAMN Mandatory!

-----
waiting for published dates for...

DAMN Reunion
DAMN Birthday Party at Granville's
Hancock Quarry Run
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: 2012 DAMN Dual-Sport Riding Calendar

Post by Laoch »

Got a date for the reunion? 27-29 April? Or more importantly a location?
Bruce
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Hatfield McCoy trail Trip
April 19th - 22nd
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote:Got a date for the reunion? 27-29 April? Or more importantly a location?
not yet but I'm leaning towards going to the Cove - Grady normally plans this.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp »

Durty Dabbers June 2-3
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Kyler wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote:Got a date for the reunion? 27-29 April? Or more importantly a location?
No Mountain Ride this year?
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

trialsrider wrote:
Kyler wrote:
No Mountain Ride this year?
I'm easy - Cove is closer I think but I'll do whatever the group decides (or Grady :lol2: )
Ken
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Since I heard lots of DAMN complaining about having to pay a fee to ride @ the reunion, I'll be looking @ parks or other public places. I want to do another Mtn Ridge trip, and I think it worked out great last year, especially having it all to ourselves. As usual, no one speaks up till afterwards. So we'll see what happens and start a new thread for it. I vote Mtn Ridge again, love the trails and something for everyone. No matter where we go, I'm sure there will be a fee for camping. If @ MtnRidge, people could still come and go without paying to ride, they just can't ride the trails but could explore the surrounding roads. I'm sure there's some local dirt roads nearby. Otherwise I'll be looking @ somewhere like Bald Eagle state forest or George Washington national Forest if enough people complain about paying to ride.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:Since I heard lots of DAMN complaining about having to pay a fee to ride @ the reunion, I'll be looking @ parks or other public places. I want to do another Mtn Ridge trip, and I think it worked out great last year, especially having it all to ourselves. As usual, no one speaks up till afterwards. So we'll see what happens and start a new thread for it. I vote Mtn Ridge again, love the trails and something for everyone. No matter where we go, I'm sure there will be a fee for camping. If @ MtnRidge, people could still come and go without paying to ride, they just can't ride the trails but could explore the surrounding roads. I'm sure there's some local dirt roads nearby.
Indeed - Mtn Ridge was cool and they loved having us too.
Ken
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

My main goal would be to have a place that offered something for every level rider, and must be legal riding areas, even if only for tagged bikes. Enough harm has been done to our sport by illegal riding, that I don't want the location of the reunion to tempt people to ride illegal trails. It just makes us all look bad, and gives those against us more leverage. Greenridge would still work, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't attempt @ least one hot lap around the ORV, and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone.