I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Anyone want a partially disassembled 950SE?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Re: Anyone want a partially disassembled 950SE?

Post by Taylor » Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 am

There is no such thing as too many motorcycles !!!!! :loveit:
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR

the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself » Sun May 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I may be able to justify adding another bike to the stable:

Three weeks ago: spent all weekend performing 100k service on VW, 60k on LR2, and 5k on KTM.

Two weeks ago: starter solenoid on LR2 shorts, melts wire and kills battery (f'ing Brits don't protect the starter circuit - the fused link is included in the line). Took a day off work to repair.

Last Wednesday: VW coolant line (between engine and firewall) splits on my commute home. Luckily I have 3 gallons of distilled water in my trunk (long story) and make it home. Stealership wants $150 for the coolant line - I order online for $30 but it doesn't ship until Saturday (even though they promised it would ship Thursday). VW is now on stands in the garage.

Thursday morning: KTM battery kaTOOM's. Miss another half day of work getting unstuck from the mud. Battery company overnights new battery. Replacing burnt out trunk light in LR2 leads to power door window switches not working - blown fuse. Go through base security gate with seat back to utilize rear window. This leads to vehicle inspection with drug dog.

Friday morning: throw new battery in KTM, ride to Falls Church, then Ft. Meade, then home - need to stop for gas daily with this schedule.

This afternoon - LR2 TPMS valve stem splits on way to VA. Throw on spare, turn around. Make it home as spare goes flat - I find a roofing nail stuck in the tire. LR2 is sitting on a wood block (VW is using all my stands).

:wallbash:

Anyone have a horse I could borrow?

CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg » Sun May 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Probably should have taken me up on that '79 F-150 offer...

Sorry for the shitty luck, dude.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Mon May 09, 2011 4:58 am

and pay attention to the Ft Detrick USAJobs announcements. Rumor has it that a few positions will be opening in the network shop.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy » Mon May 09, 2011 11:31 am

Wow...with your luck with vehicles it's a good thing you aren't a pilot :lol2: I hope you get all this crap worked out.

the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself » Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Kyler wrote:and pay attention to the Ft Detrick USAJobs announcements. Rumor has it that a few positions will be opening in the network shop.
I'll keep an eye out... DISA has asked me to apply for one of their openings, but I'm happy where I am for now. Then again, Detrick is much closer to home, and a nice place to work. There are no KTM shops near Meade, and with my luck it's better to stick close to support.