5th Annual DAMN Reunion! April 30 - May 1 | Mountain Ridge

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Re: 5th Annual DAMN Reunion! April 30 - May 1 | Mountain Rid

Post by Hare » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:28 pm

DOH! yes the GNCC is at rock run this year near the end of May but theres another conflict with the DAMN reunion date or I'd be there

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:02 pm

For anyone that has not been to M/R before they have something for everyone. If you own a trials bike, bring it, just riding the rock garden is like a trials section alone.
If you want fast - flowing and easy you have the section through the pines.
If you want some harder enduro like conditions they have that also.
You can ride loops that are reasonable enough in length that work out perfect to slide by camp for a refreshment between picking different loops.
I agree it is not as cheap as Greenridge but as you can see what the government gives they can take away just as fast. Places like Mountain Ridge needs support to pay the bills and stay open.
I was planning on riding an event in NY the weekend of the reunion but when the location changed to M/R I changed my plans to come help the cause and enjoy the many riding options M/R has to offer (that and to enjoy the company of you fine DAMN folks).
If anyone is on the fence, hope you change your mind and make the reunion a DAMN fine weekend.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 pm

HMMM what to do? Like the rest of us, I love GR but its also a buzzkill they are taking the ORV away from us. THAT pisses me off but what can you do? Its about 180mi from my place. Certainly possible to do but do I wanna slab almost 400 mi on the XR when I will BE IN MOAB 2 WEEKS LATER!!!! :thumbup: :loveit: :lol2: :ride: :whoop: :roost: :loveit:
What I am contemplating is a fast and easy FJR1300 ride out there just to drink a beer around the camp fire and an overnight hammock tent deal. Is this a spot I can get to on a fat FJR1300 and are there any trees at the campsite where you can hang a hammock? I've got a daughter in PSU I could also stop by and see so it could be fun even if I dont slab the dirtbike. Oh wait I see they do not allow beer out there or is that just for the riding areas? Can you drink a beer around the campfire?
I did sign up for Michaux again and that should be a blast! If anybody wants to ride to that event from the Bulletmore Murderland area I am in. :rickey:
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...

Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Post by Pa_trailrider » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 am

I will be there Saturday for sure and if I can I will stay for Sunday. Cant decide weather to ride up or haul the bike up.
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:17 am

[quote="Pa_trailrider"]I will be there Saturday for sure and if I can I will stay for Sunday. Cant decide weather to ride up or haul the bike up.[/quote]

IMHO, I would haul your scoot that way if you do happen to break something you have a way home.
You sure don't want to miss out on some of the more fun riding for fear of breaking something.
Just my $.02
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Well, I ain't happy about the cost, but if I can find someone to go Saturday morning and split the fuel cost, I'll be there.

Coming out of Aberdeen, MD, so anybody in the area or along the way looking for a ride, let me know.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 am

All, if you can't attend because of cost or distance, we understand but please let us know. We need that info for next year.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Are we gonna get 50?
Bruce

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:55 pm

the minimum $$$ has been guaranteed. We ride! :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Kyler wrote:the minimum $$$ has been guaranteed. We ride! :whoop:
:loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S