I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

old rider new to site

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Taylor
DAMN Expert

old rider new to site

Post by Taylor »

Hey DAMN Riders
Just joined a few days ago . Looks like I missed a good ride & party last weekend ! Best I did , I've been 12 years without a dirtbike an just started back a few weeks ago. My mind says GO and the body says NOOO !!! I started riding in 1970 on a (this goes way back ) Honda QA50 . Rode in some Hare/scrambles in my younger years , and still like tight single track trail riding . Most of my old trails now have houses built around them and nowway to get in . My new bike is a Husky 310 that is tagged . This is my first 4stroke d/s the rest were Honda CRs & one KTM EXC 250 . Hope to meet some of you guys soon I need to get my tires dirty !!!!

Taylor
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Re: old rider new to site

Post by Ovo »

Hey welcome Taylor - I love that bike you have...I have thought about getting one of those myself.
I need to get my tires dirty !!!!
With the weather breaking I'm sure it wont take long to do this.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Ovo wrote:Hey welcome Taylor - I love that bike you have...I have thought about getting one of those myself.
Me too!

We're both talking about the '87 Honda, right? :lol2:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Welcome. Sounds like you will fit right in!
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

DAMN!!!

You started riding even a couple of years before me!
So you are an OLD RIDER (even if you're not an OLD GUY)!

Welcome
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

More geezers! I love it! Sam and I won't feel so alone anymore.

:welcome:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Thanks for the welcome!
I hope you guys aren't talking about the Honda ! Its one of the few misses they ever built, it's no good on the street or dirt and it looks like a Trials bike and won't do that either !! Not stock anyway.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Taylor wrote:Thanks for the welcome!
I hope you guys aren't talking about the Honda ! Its one of the few misses they ever built, it's no good on the street or dirt and it looks like a Trials bike and won't do that either !! Not stock anyway.
Yep. I love the Reflex even though it's not really good at anything. :lol2: I really started to pay attention to bikes in the mid-80s (I was forbidden to have bikes as a kid) and the TV commercial for the Reflex made it look like so much fun. I have a soft spot for Hondas from that era - probably because the shop down the road was a Honda shop.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

motojunky wrote:
Taylor wrote:Thanks for the welcome!
Yep. I love the Reflex even though it's not really good at anything. :lol2: I really started to pay attention to bikes in the mid-80s (I was forbidden to have bikes as a kid) and the TV commercial for the Reflex made it look like so much fun. I have a soft spot for Hondas from that era - probably because the shop down the road was a Honda shop.
Any time you want to ride it let me know,I'm about 10 min. west of Whiteford at Eden Mill Park .
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR