I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Maryland iron butt

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Maryland iron butt

Post by hondahawkrider »

1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Maryland iron butt

Post by phoo »

Sicne I don't have access to garmin software atm and they don't have a link set up to a map on the site, can you tell me a bit about it? They say "in state," so is it going to be 1000 miles of not leaving Maryland, or is it going to start and end in Maryland and loop around somewhere?

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

if it's a bunch of HD fools no way... I've been wanting to do an Iron butt for years but all in MD? I don't think I'll do it. I dont care for most of MD riding anyway. Eastern shore is flat as a board straight and boring, Baltimore area you can keep. Western MD from Westminster to Morgantown I can enjoy...
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

I've been watching this one Jason.... Seems like a worthwhile event, and I think an all MD tour would be fun. er... as long as it's not going around 695 40 times.... :lol2:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

JaxObsessed wrote:I've been watching this one Jason.... Seems like a worthwhile event, and I think an all MD tour would be fun. er... as long as it's not going around 695 40 times.... :lol2:
It's a giant oval, we could pretend it's a NASCAR race..... :poser:

If nothing work related gets scheduled, I think I'm gonna dooooeeeeeeett
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

hondahawkrider wrote:
JaxObsessed wrote:I've been watching this one Jason.... Seems like a worthwhile event, and I think an all MD tour would be fun. er... as long as it's not going around 695 40 times.... :lol2:
It's a giant oval, we could pretend it's a NASCAR race..... :poser:

If nothing work related gets scheduled, I think I'm gonna dooooeeeeeeett
Hmmmm I wonder if we could do it without right turns.... :lol2: Now that's exciting racing!! :poser:
Kath

Post by Kath »

It's for charity and I'm guessing most of the "bunch of Harley guys" referred to wouldn't be riding 1000 miles in a 24 hours period, so I'm guessing it's going to be real long distance/touring ride people. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it...from what I understand, you have to do it all on the interstate to really make it work and my bike on the interstate for that long would freakin kill me. I rode on the interstate in OH once for several hours and I started hearing voices and talking back to them. lol