I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WTB: Weights

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

WTB: Weights

Post by Rut Row »

I need some weight in the sidecar when Bucho isn't pulling hack duty. Anyone got any unused weights in your home gym? Come on, you know you bought some weights and they are just laying around collecting dust.

I need 100# min.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Re: WTB: Weights

Post by Hare »

sounds like you need a couple sand bags, they are the ultimate in cheap, stationary, dead weight. i have a few bags if you need, your on your own for sand.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:sounds like you need a couple sand bags, they are the ultimate in cheap, stationary, dead weight. i have a few bags if you need, your on your own for sand.
are you going to be around this weekend?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

nope GA GNCC this weekend,

I will leave them out for you but for real, unless you are going to be in town anyway its not worth the $25. in gas for some .99 bags, i bet a tractor supply or contractor supply up your way has them.

hmm maybe i can ship a few to you, they are light and fold easy
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:nope GA GNCC this weekend,

I will leave them out for you but for real, unless you are going to be in town anyway its not worth the $25. in gas for some .99 bags, i bet a tractor supply or contractor supply up your way has them.

hmm maybe i can ship a few to you, they are light and fold easy
good point, I'll go to TSC and get some
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Lowes/HD sell "tube sand". TSC may have them also.

60 lbs (IIRC) of sand in a sealed plastic tube. I use it every year for traction ballast.
Better than traditional bags, cause they are sealed, hence no mess.

How ya gonna get the sand to lean?
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote:Lowes/HD sell "tube sand". TSC may have them also.

60 lbs (IIRC) of sand in a sealed plastic tube. I use it every year for traction ballast.
Better than traditional bags, cause they are sealed, hence no mess.

How ya gonna get the sand to lean?
good suggestion and I drive by a Homey on the way home. as for leaning, I guess I'll have to significantly lower my expectations. :shrug:

However, there isn't a lot of difference between a bag of sand and an out-of-shape passenger! :harhar:

It will provide good training for me :peep:
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kyler wrote:However, there isn't a lot of difference between a bag of sand and an out-of-shape passenger! :harhar:
:lol2:

Ya know I got to thinking, with a bag of sand you can strap it down fairly easy, and make it secure.
Now, think about trying to strap in a couple of 45 pound steel plates and what would happen should you tip or hit a hard bump. :eyes:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote:
Kyler wrote:However, there isn't a lot of difference between a bag of sand and an out-of-shape passenger! :harhar:
:lol2:

Ya know I got to thinking, with a bag of sand you can strap it down fairly easy, and make it secure.
Now, think about trying to strap in a couple of 45 pound steel plates and what would happen should you tip or hit a hard bump. :eyes:
I was thinking of a big bolt (no, not a dolt)
Ken
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote: However, there isn't a lot of difference between a bag of sand and an out-of-shape passenger! :harhar:
Why do I think that was aimed at me? :dirtdog:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.