I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2011 Sumter Enduro in the books!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

2011 Sumter Enduro in the books!

Post by Firebolter »

Well, it was a very fast and fun event. From check in on Friday till we drove out of the club grounds after the race, the only bad thing (if you can call it that) was like at most events, the gas can truck came in a little late. Awesome food vendors there with BBQ sandwiches for 3 bucks. They did not gouge on prices. They treated us good. 25 Pros entered as it was a paying event for them.

We went down Friday so we could practice and pre-run some like terrain on Sat. We went to Manchester National Forrest (9 miles south of the event start) and rode there. We had 2 casualties on Sat, one strained shoulder after a stuck throttle in deep whooped out sand trail and a break/dislocation that requires surgery. Those two rode home sunday, the other 5 of us pressed on to the race!

Instead of a hotel, I rented a house about 30 miles south of the event on Lake Marion in a gated community. 505 bucks for Fri through Monday morning and that included the cleaning fee, so 505 OTD, assuming you don't damage anything! Fully pimped out, wireless broadband, Dish network, flat screens, surround sound, awesome pad. 4 bedrooms, 2 garages, private boat ramp, dock and behind a large security gate. Only 3 houses on the peninsula for now, and the other two were empty, so we were the only folks there all weekend! The guy we rented from was way cool and had no issue with us working and wrenching on the bikes and stuff. I got the home through VRBO.com. I have been using them for years, try them next time you want to rent a vacation home form the owner for cheaper than a Holiday Inn rate!

Here is a shot of the house

Looking out the back deck, has a lower deck also with a fire pit

Sunrise on our private boat dock Sat morning!

Looks like it was made for me to ride on!

My Husky likes this dock! Took my bike down for a photo op!

The boys at dinner. We ate really good. Adam and Bill are awesome cooks!

Our pimped out living room.

So it was fast, it was fun. I finished 11th in my class (B50+). Considering this was a new bike I had 6 hours on, first race of the year with minimal practice, I am a fat ass and out of shape, I had a slight mechanical issue and still recovered and didn't hour out to finish, I am happy! My fuel pump popped out of it's mount in my tank and would no suck gas once I got to 1/4 of the tank and the bike finally died at 61.1 miles. I sat on the trail for 15 min in section 5 until one of my buddies showed up. I could not find a can or container to save my life, so I McGyvered it! I took my spare front tube and cut it, used it to drain gas into. Put about a qt in my bike and she fired up. Got me to the road, only .2 tenths from where I stalled! Marshall at the road had gas, he topped me off and I hauled ass to finish with a 162:26 (162 minutes 26 seconds late). SERMA used all "pauses" vice mileage resets, so that was cool. Awesome single track that WAS NEW, never used through the pine forests. Open and fast. Traction was killer except for the pine needles at times and sand berms could bite you if you came in too hot! Only bad places were 2 sections of "brush" about 8 feet tall and it was tight and full of face slappers. Those sections sucked, but not too bad.

Arrowed well, run well and weather was SUNNY and 82 with NO CLOUDS, only Blue Sky! What a race. And being up front on Row 9 was AWESOME. No clapped out, whooped out row 70+ trail for me. It was so open the pro's could just go by you like you were not even there. I am a believer in early rows, back of the pack blows as the trail gets pretty beat up 30-40 rows of 5!

Great race, a keeper and you guys would love it.
Lots of cool bikes---
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Re: 2011 Sumter Enduro in the books!

Post by jgreene »

Wish I would have made it the whole way. The trail was awesome, what little I saw of it. Near the end of the second section, I clipped a tree sending me and the bike cartwheeling down the trail, resulting in a broken clutch line.

Had a pretty good time in the first section and felt pretty good. Wicked it up a little in the second and got bit.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

looks like fun and those accommodations will spoil you - will be hard to go back to a tent
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

82 and sunny.........that alone would have made the trip for me.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

good times.. :whoop:

billet (firebolter), thanks again for setting up the amazing accommodations! :thumbup:
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

jgreene wrote:Wish I would have made it the whole way. The trail was awesome, what little I saw of it. Near the end of the second section, I clipped a tree sending me and the bike cartwheeling down the trail, resulting in a broken clutch line.

Had a pretty good time in the first section and felt pretty good. Wicked it up a little in the second and got bit.
Jim,

We meant to come by and try to find your trailer on Sunday , but we didn't see you. Agree, about the course, section 3 was just like Eagle Bay!
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

brappp wrote:good times.. :whoop:

billet (firebolter), thanks again for setting up the amazing accommodations! :thumbup:
No problem bro! It was a great time and I had a blast laughin and watching Granda Ma's Boy Sat night! Still laughing about that movie!
My favorite scene------

"Dude, I'm getting a lion"
"Why you getting a lion?"
"To protect my shit man"
"ever heard of a Dog?"
"yeah but people can get around dogs, no body fucks with a lion!"
Lots of cool bikes---
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
" DEATH before DNF!! "
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Post by SoPaRider »

Check out Sumter Enduro 2011 on YouTube by bbr711, 14:35 GoPro video from KTM 300 XC rider on row 7(B)!

Jeff (SoPaRider)
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N