I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sandy Lane - March 20, 2011

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: Sandy Lane - March 20, 2011

Post by motojunky »

Your post got me thinking about my first experience and I remembered that I have a picture... This is me, after the Delaware enduro in 1988 or 1989 - my first race. Aside from the mullet and ridiculous riding gear, check out the wide stock bars w/no handguards. No chest protector, no pads, no camelbak and no brains. I didn't know. I also didn't know that an XR600 wasn't a good first bike for a newb.

Like you, I learned a ton. My perspective of what was hard or scary changed a lot that day.

Oddly enough, my current ride is the same year as that XR6. :shrug:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

it was a great run (per usual), lots of fun.. 5 short tests with way too many transfer (fire road) miles IMO (due to loss of trail).. :screwy:

tight, tight with more tight, then a really nice fast flowing section that made you really wanting more.. :rickey:

the keg at the end is always a good motivator to push a little harder the last few miles.. :cheers:

put this run on your calendar for next year! :hi5:
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

brappp wrote:then a really nice fast flowing section that made you really wanting more.. :rickey:
I'll admit it. Especially after a long day of getting my ass kicked in the trees, my favorite part was the wide single track (about as wide as an atv and therefore too narrow for atvs) in the third loop with the trees on both sides where I was able to open it up and slide through the turns. Parts after that were probably fabulous earlier in the day where they were true single tracks but wide enough to open it up and have fun but by the time I got to them they were long sections of 2' deep whoops through the soft silt. Still fun, but by that point I didn't have the energy to ride the ocean at speed. At least when you go through the trails late in the day people have clearly "marked" the short cuts to go around the worst sections. hehe

Too bad I missed you at the kegs at the end. Next time!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200