I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Itching to Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Itching to Ride

Post by ReardenSteel »

Hey guys,

I'm looking out the window... the DAMN weather won't cooperate.
I'm watching the news... the DAMN forecasters won't cooperate.
I'm going stir-crazy. :screwy:

But there was sufficiently sunny conditions yesterday that I took the DRZ out for a 30-mile ride around Keedysville, Fairplay, Downsville. It was good to get the juices flowing, the throttle opened up and lean into a few turns, even if they were on D606's.

I found DAMN Riders just as the weather was turning and haven't had a chance to ride with you guys yet.

On the next reasonably nice day, if anyone is going to Green Ridge or some similar ride, I'm itching to go with.... :roost: Count me in if you don't mind having a rider along with questionable skills and a defective character...

I hate winter. :wallbash:
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
'10 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4
Eastern TransAmerica Trail 2011
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Itching to Ride

Post by Rut Row »

Ima woosie - it needs to warm up more to suit me :boohoo:

Hopefully you can make the Reunion and Birthday rides with us! :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

ReardenSteel wrote:Hey guys,

I'm looking out the window... the DAMN weather won't cooperate.
I'm watching the news... the DAMN forecasters won't cooperate.
I'm going stir-crazy. :screwy:

But there was sufficiently sunny conditions yesterday that I took the DRZ out for a 30-mile ride around Keedysville, Fairplay, Downsville. It was good to get the juices flowing, the throttle opened up and lean into a few turns, even if they were on D606's.

I found DAMN Riders just as the weather was turning and haven't had a chance to ride with you guys yet.

On the next reasonably nice day, if anyone is going to Green Ridge or some similar ride, I'm itching to go with.... :roost: Count me in if you don't mind having a rider along with questionable skills and a defective character...

I hate winter. :wallbash:
Fill out yer DAMN profile. Where ya from? I've got heated gear and a loose screw - went out last night for an hour and a half. Had a close call with Santa's flying deer - must've ducked his hind legs cause we never touched. Fingers were so cold they didn't hit the brake until a few seconds after the event. Good times!
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I went to greenridge Yesterday with my son, his friend and Myelf. This was only my third time there. I got my two wheel drive dually stuck going to the first parking lot. My son pulled my dually out with his 4wheeler then we went down greenrudge rd to find the seocnd parking area. ended up finding it and gettting there with no trouble. rode around twice then blew a rear tire. So I sat the third time around out and waited for them to go arond again. Good times were had by all. At first I was mad cause I didnt have a chain tool for my 950 but i gotover it and took my atv instead.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

the dude himself wrote:Fill out yer DAMN profile. Where ya from? I've got heated gear and a loose screw - went out last night for an hour and a half. Had a close call with Santa's flying deer - must've ducked his hind legs cause we never touched. Fingers were so cold they didn't hit the brake until a few seconds after the event. Good times!
Thanks TDH, you set me straight. I have the profile filled out -- I'm over in Keedysville in Washington County. I was bundled up tighter than a egg roll in a parka yesterday... but I mostly managed to stay warm.

Glad to hear you missed the deer... That could have moderately ruined your afternoon.
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

bonehead wrote:I went to greenridge Yesterday with my son, his friend and Myelf. This was only my third time there. I got my two wheel drive dually stuck going to the first parking lot. My son pulled my dually out with his 4wheeler then we went down greenrudge rd to find the seocnd parking area. ended up finding it and gettting there with no trouble. rode around twice then blew a rear tire. So I sat the third time around out and waited for them to go arond again. Good times were had by all. At first I was mad cause I didnt have a chain tool for my 950 but i gotover it and took my atv instead.

Sitting still and watching others ride is hard, but at least you had options with the ATV. I have a Grizzly 700 that I've taken up to GR a few times... The ORV trail is an interesting mix of different terrains and surfaces in a fairly short amount of distance. I hope you stayed warm.
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I know what you mean. This winter has been unusually cold. I've been on a few cold rides, and I've had fun. But they generally end with me fracking freezing by the time I get home.

I'm switching back to having the middle of the week off. If we can get some above freezing weather, I've been wanting to do an offroad day. Maybe head up to Greenridge (or somewhere) on a Tuesday or Wed.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

I just mounted D606's on the DRZ. I finished up right as it started icing outside. I rode around my neighborhood and the field behind my house just to try them out. Now I really want a nice day so I can get out and ride!
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

pschuler wrote:I just mounted D606's on the DRZ. I finished up right as it started icing outside. I rode around my neighborhood and the field behind my house just to try them out. Now I really want a nice day so I can get out and ride!

Very nice. I put D606's on my DRZ and promptly took it up to Green Ridge to try them out. I am new to adventure riding, but was really amazed at how the ability of the bike completely changed. I made the mistake of taking the DRZ with the stock "Death Wings" on it down a fire road not long after I got the bike. I went down hard on some mixed ground. Was very pissed at myself and cracked a rib for good measure.

Not sure how others feel, but I have found that I would rather ride the street with D606's than the trails with dual purpose tires.

Congrats on the new rubber!
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

Bucho wrote:I know what you mean. This winter has been unusually cold. I've been on a few cold rides, and I've had fun. But they generally end with me fracking freezing by the time I get home.

I'm switching back to having the middle of the week off. If we can get some above freezing weather, I've been wanting to do an offroad day. Maybe head up to Greenridge (or somewhere) on a Tuesday or Wed.

I had more layers 6 layers on the body and 4 on the legs when I went out riding Sunday. Only the feet and fingers got really cold (no heated gear)....

Would love to hit Green Ridge. Give me about 24-36 hours lead-in and I will do my best to make it, even on a weekday. Fridays are best, but at this point, any day with a dry day with a temp of 55 would send me out on the bike.... Would love to ride Green Ridge with some people who know it better than I do. :whoop:
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES