I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Itching to Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Itching to Ride

Post by BigBird »

I've been out for a 3 hour off-road rocky single track ride all 3 Sundays of this year.

First one was muddy - UGH!

Second one was COOOOLD with 2" of snow.

Last week was warmer but the snow was almost too deep to ride in! - UGH!

My bike has been giving me LOTS of trouble. WAAAY down on power :shrug: .

Can't even make it up some of the big hills it could climb last year??? :shrug: :shrug:

DAMN! I wish they'd let me ride the KTM or the WR250R in the Frederick Watershed!

The DAMN Specialized is KILLING me!!!
And I haven't been able to get Gail out on the Ventana Mtn Tandem (to PUSH my fat old ass up the hills)!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

ReardenSteel wrote:
Would love to hit Green Ridge. Give me about 24-36 hours lead-in and I will do my best to make it, even on a weekday. Fridays are best, but at this point, any day with a dry day with a temp of 55 would send me out on the bike.... Would love to ride Green Ridge with some people who know it better than I do. :whoop:

Not that its really hardcore offroading, but I don't like to go up there my myself. Next time I go, I'll start a new thread. But 55 might be tough. I would be happy w/ 40-45.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kyler wrote:Ima woosie - it needs to warm up more to suit me :boohoo:
:lol2:

:thumbup:

I'm content to spin a few laps and hit the small jumps in the backyard (just over an acre). And occasionally hit the street for a short run. It's a good time to be rehabbing a torn up knee.
Bruce
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

I haven't stopped riding. :shrug: In other news, Warm n Safe gear rocks. After chipping ice off my bike this morning to go to work though, I'm ready to buy a cage again. Not so much the cold as the ice.

Dunno if I'm up for a ride all the way to Green Ridge and back though, its not the cold as much as the f**king WIND this time of year.
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

Hey Keedysville-
Welcome to the forum, I'm in Hagerstown and run through your area frequently. I love southern washington county, the roads are nice from Boonsboro to Sandy hook and all around the battlefield. Bucho and I were in your area the other week. You need to get a heated jacket liner and maybe some heated grips!
I may very well go grab the tag in Frederick on Friday or Sunday and drop it somewhere in WV or Washington County. It's getting stale and I'm slacking... If I don't ride soon I might have a stroke.
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Gonna go get the KLR back from getting service tomorrow AM.... should be 20 by noon, maybe I go get tag, who else is in :screwy:
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I might be up for this. post up if you are still a go.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

oil-spitn-rat wrote:Hey Keedysville-
Welcome to the forum, I'm in Hagerstown and run through your area frequently. I love southern washington county, the roads are nice from Boonsboro to Sandy hook and all around the battlefield. Bucho and I were in your area the other week. You need to get a heated jacket liner and maybe some heated grips!
I may very well go grab the tag in Frederick on Friday or Sunday and drop it somewhere in WV or Washington County. It's getting stale and I'm slacking... If I don't ride soon I might have a stroke.

Very cool... drop me a line the next time you guys are around... I can't guarantee that I'm always ready to ride (no heated gear), but I'm dying to spend as much time on the bike as possible... We are spoiled right here in this area in that you don't have to ride x miles to get to good roads... as soon as I pull out of my driveway, there are good roads all around.
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
'10 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4
Eastern TransAmerica Trail 2011
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Heading out in a few minutes. Maybe something tomorrow....
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

Sorry I missed you Mike. Too much work piled up and too little time.

I'm game for a Sunday ride. Maybe 3 hours or so then back to work. :frustrated: It always comes when I don't want it :dirtdog: . Better than starving I guess.

Rearden Steel and others interested... Maybe meet at 10:30 somewhere between Boonsboro and Brunswick? Mike may drop a tag so he may have a destination in mind...

Bucho are you down?! We need a designated jumper! :whoop: :jack: Your a hooligan my friend :thumbup: :ride: