I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Anyone going to Sandblast?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Anyone going to Sandblast?

Post by the dude himself »

Yup. Down this road again. Just found out a couple we're friends with are going, and that the dad and son are both competing. Well, I'm not sure I'd call it racing - they're not super fast - but they're both set on finishing.

I have everything I need but an off-road helmet/goggles, acceptable boots, and the $300 entry fee. Oh yeah, and skill. I'm sure I'm not the fastest out there, but I'm definitely not dead last.

Is it worth it?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Anyone going to Sandblast?

Post by Rut Row »

I'm glad I did it once. If I could afford the time and money to do all the races, it might be a different answer but to run it again is cost prohibitive.

it is $300 plus the membership and licensing fees.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

What size coconut do you have? I have an xl helmet you could use, complete with goggles!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I highly enjoyed last years event and would like to do another one. I felt I did okay but that I had lots of room for improvement. If you wear a size 12, I might have a pair of MX boots for you. Most people wear an offroad helm and goggles, but some guys had street helmets. Unless they changed the rules this year. Last year was cold enough a full face wouldnt have been bad.
My riding, racing budget is pretty small and most of it is goiing to PPIHC.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Bucho wrote:I highly enjoyed last years event and would like to do another one. I felt I did okay but that I had lots of room for improvement. If you wear a size 12, I might have a pair of MX boots for you. Most people wear an offroad helm and goggles, but some guys had street helmets. Unless they changed the rules this year. Last year was cold enough a full face wouldnt have been bad.
My riding, racing budget is pretty small and most of it is goiing to PPIHC.
Them boots... loaners or sale? I might go either way... but I've talked it over with the wife and she thinks that $300 entry may be better spent on a dual-sport rental in Costa Rica this summer.
:loveit: