I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Winter Get Together - Feb 5 (Saturday)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

DAMN Winter Get Together - Feb 5 (Saturday)

Post by Rut Row »

Date has been picked - Feb 5 (Saturday)
Time will be late afternoon say 5-6
Location: First Baptist Church, 7040 Bowers Rd, Frederick MD 21702

Hotels - Google Link Here

Phase 1: Meet/greet/dinner and socialize at the church :eats:
Phase 2: Migrate to the approved watering hole (BigBird's nest) for :cheers:

We'll have a tip jar out for donations to the church for use of their facilities.

Food:
  1. Bucho - main course
  2. Grady - beer cheese and bufalo chicken dips with stuff for dipping
  3. Daves08excr - Mac and shrimp salad, two liter sodas
  4. Junior - desserts
  5. BigBird - Apple Goop
  6. DirtyGirl - "Will you marry me" cakes
  7. Boom Boom - salad and some snacky stuff
We'll also accept donations to cover other costs :brows:

DAMN Event Chairs
  • Bucho is in charge of the food :eats:
  • Grady is in charge of the visual entertainment :smoking:
  • Kyler is in charge of the Annual Awards :nanana:
  • BigBird is in charge of post meet/greet libations :loaded:

Attendees (22 adults + 6 kids + 1?):
Kyler + 1
Grady + 1
Bucho + 1
Wingfixer + DirtyGirl + 4 (little dirty kids)
Daves08excr + 1 + 2 kids
Junior + 1
CapoGreg +1?
dak + 1
Ovoidious + 1
SallyDog?
oil-spitn-rat + 1
Boom Boom + 1
BigBird + 1
b3h

-------------------------------------------

We've all been discussing another winter meet/greet/bull-session get together and last night Mrs Bucho suggested it as well. My wife likes the idea too. Both would like to meet the lunatics their spouses hang out with :shrug:

For personal reasons, I'd like to do it in or very near Frederick. (My wife is handicapped and if she needed to go home I could take her home and come back.) Mrs Bucho has mentioned her church hall is available for free (pitch in anyone?) and Dutch's Daughter restaurant has a banquet hall and buffet that is killer (for about $20/head - min 40 people). There are other options too.

So, that brings some questions.
  1. How many would be interested?
  2. What month? (Jan, Feb,???)
  3. Pitch-in or restaurant?
  4. Kids or adult only
btw, I think it would be a great time to give out Golden Snorkel and Tree Hugger awards :angel:

What are your thoughts?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: DAMN Winter Get Together

Post by Bucho »

If we used the Church we could make it a potluck, but wouldn't have to do that. They have a full kitchen and it would be easy to make spaghetti and chicken parm or something like that.
We could show some Pike's Peak Hill Climb footage on the big screen, maybe do a slideshow w/ DAMN pics if someone wants to put that together...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:If we used the Church we could make it a potluck, but wouldn't have to do that. They have a full kitchen and it would be easy to make spaghetti and chicken parm or something like that.
We could show some Pike's Peak Hill Climb footage on the big screen, maybe do a slideshow w/ DAMN pics if someone wants to put that together...
is BYOB allowed at your church?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

As long as you guys pick a week I am home then me and DirtyGirl are in! If its a weekend I am home there will be 4 DirtyKids coming as well. I could go either way regarding the church hall or Dutch's Daughter. I do happen to know a killer event planner and caterer though, if we decide to go with the church.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:As long as you guys pick a week I am home then me and DirtyGirl are in! If its a weekend I am home there will be 4 DirtyKids coming as well. I could go either way regarding the church hall or Dutch's Daughter. I do happen to know a killer event planner and caterer though, if we decide to go with the church.
and I assume we'd get a DAMN fine discount on the catering too? :eats:

this begs another question, kids or no kids?
Ken
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

The wife and I are in. :thumbup: Any place or month is fine for us. As far as kids go, I think it'd be like the reunion. Seems like no one minds kids around as long as the parents are aware that not all of us have kids and don't always act/speak in a kid friendly manner. As long as the parents are cool with that, then I see no harm.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote: is BYOB allowed at your church?
I think that would be fine. Jesus did turn water into wine at a wedding when they ran out. But let me make sure before I make any promises.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Interesting.
Maybe February, give time to recoup from holidays and something to look forward to? And more planning time.

Potluck style/cater/buffet :shrug:
Kids :shrug:

Slide show is a good idea, just need laptop, photos/files and projector w/ screen.

I might be convinced to drive to the Fredneck area of the communist state of MD in the dead of winter.
Bruce
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

I'm in also. If it's pot luck I would be more then happy to bring food. We just had my mom and dads 50th wedding anniversary and my wife and I made all the food. Pork roast, baked ziti,and pit beef, potato saled,macaroni and shrimp salad and a killer chicken caesar salad
I would also vote for feb for a little recovery time but it's all good what ever we go with
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

I'm in - anytime after the holidays works for me.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S