I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RailRoad Run

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
waserman
DAMN Expert

Re: RailRoad Run

Post by waserman »

What time are you going on Monday?
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Well it was a fun ride. Certainly not as open as we would have liked, but made due.

Thanks dak for a fun day, I am tired of gravel and mud...LOL I think my bike is too.

I'll post up the pictures later tonight.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
dak
DAMN Expert

Post by dak »

Ovoidious wrote:Well it was a fun ride. Certainly not as open as we would have liked, but made due.

Thanks dak for a fun day, I am tired of gravel and mud...LOL I think my bike is too.

http://www.spotadventures.com/trip/view/?trip_id=234376
Tracked us with Spot, thanks Ovoidious for coming out I had fun also.
If OK with you, when you get photos up ill ad them to the spot page.

Thanks
DAK
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

If OK with you, when you get photos up ill ad them to the spot page.
No Problem
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

more pics?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

Looks pretty cool. I'll hit it with you guys next time.
dak
DAMN Expert

RailRoad Run

Post by dak »

CapoGreg wrote:Looks pretty cool. I'll hit it with you guys next time.
So next time you gotta let me take the lead. I may not have a ghost of a notion where I'm going, but I manage to bumble there.

Coming out of the big gravel nightmare, you guys hooked a left toward Holtville, and I hung a right. Next road saw on the right was Furniss. Looked like it headed toward Dull-Aware, so I grabbed it. Couple bends down the road, there was the park with the overlook. Couple more bends, there was a dirt road ducking into the woods on the right. Looked familiar. Hung a U, cut down that road. That's the road I was talking about. No road signs at either end. But I think it's the road named Fishing Creek Rd on Google maps. Nice winding trek thru the woods. Three easy water crossings.Finally come to a fork. No signs of course. Fork left looks like toward Dull-Aware, so I grab that. Eventually come to Susquehannock Drive. Hang a left. In just a couple hundred yards, pavement ends dead ahead, right where Harmony Ridge hikes off left. I follow the dirt. Eureka. This ends at a railroad track along the river, and a fine dirt road on the river side of the tracks leads as far as you can see. I am sure this is the spot you were thinking of. The map shows this as Port Deposit Road.

I didn't follow that very far. I backtracked to Harmony Ridge, hung a right on Bald Eagle, and there's more dirt roads. I think it's what the map calls Wildlife Preserve.

Next time.

Buzz MARS

--
It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
Thomas Jefferson

Good to know thanks Buzz
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

Ovoidious wrote:Well it was a fun ride. Certainly not as open as we would have liked, but made due.

Are there any pics of the stuff thats not open enough?
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Looks and sounds like my kinda riding! Hopefully next time I will make it.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Those are the only pics I took.

The not open stuff is just posted NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES...so we swung around some of those and on the way back we did some of those :rickey: ...
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S