I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RailRoad Run

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Re: RailRoad Run

Post by dmar »

The pics of the old railroad bed looks smooth and straight. What was the "big gravel nightmare" that was mentioned? The gravel nightmare I remember was that long stretch of deep railroad gravel along that river in western md and virginia. This place you guys just rode looks like it's not too far from me. Is the red line on the map the railroad beds?
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
dak
DAMN Expert

RailRoad Run

Post by dak »

dmar wrote:The pics of the old railroad bed looks smooth and straight. What was the "big gravel nightmare" that was mentioned? The gravel nightmare I remember was that long stretch of deep railroad gravel along that river in western md and virginia. This place you guys just rode looks like it's not too far from me. Is the red line on the map the railroad beds?
Some of the sections where very deep, it looked good until your on top of it. Don't forget Davis was driving a KLR loaded with god knows what and 80/20 tires. Ron and myself had no problem with it. One section that was pretty cool was mixed with clay, sand, water and frost going thru a tunnel that was slick like hell. Fun ride but not again. O I did forget we drive a portion of an active train track next to the river. DAK
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

I forgot to ask, were you guys able to ride to the big steel bridge at Martic Forge? I read on some sites it was closed and others it was open.
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

No we didn't get to ride that. :(
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S