I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Guy Across the Mountain

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

New Guy Across the Mountain

Post by ReardenSteel »

Hey DAMN riders,

I'm a new guy to the forums and would love to become a DAMN rider myself. I live across the mountain from Frederick in Keedysville near Sharpsburg/Boonsboro. I was away from bikes for years, but came back to it this year. I bought a used KLR-250, kept it for 5 days, went back and bought a new DR-Z400S. My buddy and I are hoping to ride the eastern portions of the TAT next May.

In the meantime, I have been bitten by the dual sport bug bad. I love my Dr. Zook, but frankly, riding by yourself is only so fun. So what got me fired up to get back on a bike? This thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510958

I sat down one afternoon, read the entire thing, got fired up, got motivated and haven't stopped riding since. I almost signed up for Hammer Run as I've been lurking around watching the forums for a while. But I didn't feel like I would have the skills to keep up. But watching the videos now... I really regret not going.

Looking forward to riding with you guys sometime. I have met biffer (my buddy Todd bought your black KLR-650... I was with him the day he looked at it).

This is me and the DRZ before/after riding Green Ridge this past Sunday.

Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
'10 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4
Eastern TransAmerica Trail 2011
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: New Guy Across the Mountain

Post by Wingfixer »

Welcome aboard dude, I dig that white Dizzer - really shows off the dirt! Since you are here and have a user name you are as much of a DAMN rider as you can be! Looking forward to riding with ya! :thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

:welcome: I like your choice of bike! :loveit:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Great bike. And you live in a great area for back roads riding on that thing. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:Since you are here and have a user name you are as much of a DAMN rider as you can be! Looking forward to riding with ya! :thumbup:
:nono: must buy the :cheers: and :freakey: first!

:amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

Wingfixer wrote:Welcome aboard dude, I dig that white Dizzer - really shows off the dirt! Since you are here and have a user name you are as much of a DAMN rider as you can be! Looking forward to riding with ya! :thumbup:
It really does, doesn't it? I bought a air intake blocker to wash it, but I'm paranoid about taking the pressure washer to it.

There's something unique about the mud at Green Ridge... it's the finest mud I've ever seen once it dries and I swear it must be acidic to some extent because I can't get it out of some of the grooves.
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

mdubya wrote:Great bike. And you live in a great area for back roads riding on that thing. :thumbup:
RadioRyder wrote:I like your choice of bike! :loveit:
I couldn't agree more, RadioRyder... I love the DRZ. I need to get a Corbin seat and a bigger tank (presumably?), but now that I've had him down some trails, it seems like the perfect fit.

mdubya, I'm still enjoying the backroads... constantly looking for more trails to ride. Not as many great trails as around Oakland...
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

and before I forget...

:welcome:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Welcome to our non-club. That looks like a cool thread on ADV, I'll have to read that one. Too bad you didn't come out to the HammerRun, it was a good time.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Welcome! Nice bike. I really like the white.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200