I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2011 Schedule

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Re: 2011 Schedule

Post by sallydog »

anyone have 2011 NETRA and PATRA schedules yet?
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

I'm surprised to see that the SandBlast isn't on the calender. February 5th fwiw. :thumbup:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

skierd wrote:I'm surprised to see that the SandBlast isn't on the calender. February 5th fwiw. :thumbup:
Since Anders won't even consider sidecars, I've dropped out of the RallyMoto scene - too expensive - am focusing on PPIHC.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Yeah, I noticed the nice new "No Sidecars" listing in the supps and thought of you. DAMN guys causing national level events to rewrite the rule books. :poser:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote:
skierd wrote:I'm surprised to see that the SandBlast isn't on the calender. February 5th fwiw. :thumbup:
Since Anders won't even consider sidecars, I've dropped out of the RallyMoto scene - too expensive - am focusing on PPIHC.
Its too bad, he could make it happen if he wanted to.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

skierd wrote:Yeah, I noticed the nice new "No Sidecars" listing in the supps and thought of you. DAMN guys causing national level events to rewrite the rule books. :poser:
:hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Since Anders won't even consider sidecars, I've dropped out of the RallyMoto scene - too expensive - am focusing on PPIHC.
Its too bad, he could make it happen if he wanted to.[/quote]

I just don't understand why he is so against it. Shoot, I would have done all the work for him. Oh well. It is what it is.
Ken
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Kyler wrote:I just don't understand why he is so against it. Shoot, I would have done all the work for him. Oh well. It is what it is.
If I had to guess, he doesn't see the enthusiasm behind the hack racing vs. the straight up rally racing there currently is. Having trouble getting people to register and stay interested in the rally scene for reasons like we gave up with it, seems to be a relatively consistent problem. I also think that Anders is one of these guys that feels like he gave up a lot of his time, etc. to get things where they are currently and is happy where it currently resides, so why go through all of the work again to evolve the sport.?. Bad thing is that the longer he doesn't evolve all the more work will be had to keep the sport alive when people begin to loose interest due to extravagant cost, few races and all of the cancellations of races due to either lack of people wanting to race or lack of organization. To advertise Rally wv. for several years and each year have it canned for "some" reason, was a big downer for myself.

Is it possible to host a rally x without being part of Anders rally stuff.?. Another option, would be to just host an annual race "somewhere", build up a reputation and then expand on the number of races and locations. Just need to find a location that is willing to work with you.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

G7 (the group site by the overlook that we had 2 years ago) is now reserved for the DAMN reunion April 29 - May 1. If we have a turnout like last year, we may need to grab another site, but this is the only group site on the ORV any other sites besides group sites are first come first serve.
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

code wrote:Is it possible to host a rally x without being part of Anders rally stuff.?. Another option, would be to just host an annual race "somewhere", build up a reputation and then expand on the number of races and locations. Just need to find a location that is willing to work with you.
My limited experience with Anders left me the impression he's a prick, like the little kid on the playground who wants to control the monkey bars. That's why I have no further interest in RallyMoto. I'm sure a person could organize something similar if they wanted to, it would be a lot of work to get it off the ground. The best bet would be to work with an organization like ECEA, that already have connections with people that can get the permits. The problem with rallying is you want to close off public roads to host a race, and you're going to run into a lot of resistance. I think an ideal situation would be to do it somewhere like Green Ridge or another state/national forest, where the roads are not well travelled or maintained. Even then, you'd have to deal with insurance, which is probably the bulk of the entry fee for RallyMoto.

I'd be willing to help out in any way I can if it's something we're going to investigate further.