I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

noob rider new to the forums. Newark, Delaware

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Ilovefajitaz

noob rider new to the forums. Newark, Delaware

Post by Ilovefajitaz »

Hey guys,

Back in 2004 i bought my XR650R, drove it all for about 2 miles ( around my block ), then quickly realized, This is Delaware, theres absolutly NO place to go riding :wallbash: , So i parked the bike for the next 6 years. I still got my " off-roading " fix from Mountain Biking. In Spring of this year is when i finally tagged and plated it and have a blast driving it around again. Lately ive been DESPERATELY wanting to do some trail riding, but again, i have no idea where to go, and none of my friends ride. After doing some googling, is how i came across this forum. So now im hoping to be able to tag along for some rides, and learn some good locations to go riding at.

Damien Lee
Newark, De

I dont have any pictures of my XR just yet, i'l try to put some in my photobucket acct. Heres some pics of my Honda VTX bike i sold a couple months ago.

http://s769.photobucket.com/home/ilovefajitaz/allalbums
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: noob rider new to the forums.

Post by Bucho »

Yeah, unless you have your own personal 500 acres (Granville you bastard!), or live in the middle of nowhere, having a dualsported bike is the way to go. And even then you still generally have to truck/trailer to get to the good places.

The NJ pine barrens has some great places to go dualsporting if you like/don't mind sand riding. If you search this site, we are doing the HammerRun, a dualsport event up in Jersey. I think registration might still be open for that, (but get moving on it).
You are probably gonna have to end up hauling you bike a few hours over into PA or Western MD. Find a DE buddy w/ a bike to truckpool with!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Ilovefajitaz

Re: noob rider new to the forums. Newark, Delaware

Post by Ilovefajitaz »

Posted some pictures of my XR on my Photobucket acct , not that anybody here dosnt know what an XR looks like.

Bucho - Yeah, Dual sporting it was probably the best thing ive done to it, i can actually enjoy it everyday, rather then just stare at it when i do yardwork. Depending on my work schedule ( already called out way too many days. ), im gonna try to sign up for the Pine Barrens run, I actually used to go 4 wheelin there with my dodge truck, probably 8-10 years ago, but havnt been since. I tried googling specific locations to go dirt biking in the barrens, but to no avail, and like everything, half the posts i found say its illegal to ride there, and half the posts say its not ( during normal, non event days ).

As far as hauling bike to places, within the next week or 2 i will be building a small trailer. Because my truck is lifted, its abit scary to try to drive the bike into the back of it, not even counting the fact that id need a really long ramp for that to even be feasible.

But anyway, Really looking forward to meeting everyone, and do some riding !

Damien