I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

7-Mountains Boom Boom or Bust! Saturday Sept 18th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 7-Mountains Boom Boom or Bust! Saturday Sept 18th

Post by Boom Boom »

waserman wrote:Wish I coulda been there looks like you guys had a great day.The pics are great,thanks for the eye teaser,trail looks like a blast.I noticed that a few of the bikes are running trails tires,never tried one of those.What size would you run on a TE 510 and how do they handle on anything but dry rock and gravel ?

The MT-43 (Pirelli) is what I have been using, DOT legal and has great life. Only comes in one size.
I run that tire for everything except muddy Ohio events.
Down hill braking is the tires weak point. Strong points is traction in slick rock and roots. Without that tire I could not climb some of the hills and nasty stuff that I can with it.
I think Ken will have to agree that the 7-mountains ride would have been more of a challange for him if he was still using a knob tire.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

walnutz wrote:OK FOR THE RECORD,I DONT RIDE TRIALS & I MADE THE HILL ON A KNOBBIE :brows:

THAT WAS A DAMN FINE RIDE IN THE PA WOODS,LET ME KNOW WHEN THE NEXT ONE IS

LATER,CHRIS
Us old farts were just humbled to have a pro racer like you join us for the day. :ride:
You can be DAMN glad you made it up the hill or this fat old man would be riding you like a dog :whip:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:I think Ken will have to agree that the 7-mountains ride would have been more of a challange for him if he was still using a knob tire.
DAMN right! I wouldn't go back without one :thumbsup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Ken, you done great for a guy that does not like to ride rocks.
Next ride you need to add a Red Bull to your lunch stop so you have "wings" to get up that hill :amazon:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

Is everything you guys ride on the 7 mountains trail map?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I am not 100% sure that the "trail map" has all the marked (yellow markers on the trees) trails shown. Plus remember anything shown as a "driveable trail" (double dashed lines) is legal riding as well. :thumbup:
I ran the outer perimeter of the trails in a clockwise direction from the parking area off Sand Mountain Road. Works well, you have gas and food at around 50 miles :eats: and back to the parking lot in 80+ miles total. :cheers:
I always run up "the hill", sure would not want to get half way down to find a tree down that you can not get around :wallbash: with a group of guys that might not make the climb back up. :amazon:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:Next ride you need to add a Red Bull to your lunch stop so you have "wings" to get up that hill :amazon:
I was thinking Valium :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Mike do you run the trails tires both front and rear or a combination of tire types.I see that motorcycle super store has them on sale now for $72(rear) and $66(front) and I assume you run HD tubes with these.Do they hold up well on the street?I've seen guys use these in the past and the last time I used one was back in the early 90s at VFTR Moonshine Enduro. Thanks John
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

People generally match up a rear trials tire w/ a front knobby.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

This was a lot of fun. But its very dangerous and everyone should stay away so that the next time we go we will not see another bike on the path for 80+ miles again :brows:

Instead of Pennsylvania, they should call it Pennsylrockania

Thanks Boom Boom for putting this together.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing