I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Indianapolis MotoGP next weekend

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Indianapolis MotoGP next weekend

Post by Firebolter »

I'm heading to Indy Thursday with 4 friends from this area, be there Thursday through Monday. Taking US50 Winchester to Cinnci, then slab it up I74 into town. 950 has new tires and I just put a 120 scrub in miles, fresh oil, rack on, ready to go! Anybody else going?
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Indianapolis MotoGP next weekend

Post by Rut Row »

Wish I was. We could stay at my brother's house. Maybe next year - but then I have to get a road worthy bike first :angel:

I used to own a house 3 blocks from turn 2.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

I am trying for Endurocross on Friday night with Dirt tracks on Saturday and the GP on sunday. having to work sucks.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Well, I will post up on here for next years tickets. I have a group set up, so we get Penthouse B seats (end of the Straight and turns 1-4) for 150 bucks for all 3 days. Usually about Mid Sep I get the email from Indy for deposits. Minimum tickets is 20, max, no limit, so can cover anyone who may want to go next year.
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

That's awesome, I have wanted to go since they started racing in Indy, hopefully next year will be the year. Have a good time guys.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:Well, I will post up on here for next years tickets. I have a group set up, so we get Penthouse B seats (end of the Straight and turns 1-4) for 150 bucks for all 3 days. Usually about Mid Sep I get the email from Indy for deposits. Minimum tickets is 20, max, no limit, so can cover anyone who may want to go next year.
do you camp or get hotels? btw, my brother's place, although spacious, can't handle 20 people! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
shift

Post by shift »

i'm heading up on wednesday morning with a friend. we've camped the past 2 years and had a blast. made lots of friends too. year one yielded me pics of 2 chicks making out on my fzr 400 while i was off partying somewhere else. our camping neighbor caught the action on digital camera. gotta say, they looked better on the tiny camera screen than in the photo i got. :lol2:

i might be mistaken, but i am pretty sure moto gp did not renew indy's contract for 2011. i thought this is the last year indy is hosting gp.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Kyler wrote:
Firebolter wrote:Well, I will post up on here for next years tickets. I have a group set up, so we get Penthouse B seats (end of the Straight and turns 1-4) for 150 bucks for all 3 days. Usually about Mid Sep I get the email from Indy for deposits. Minimum tickets is 20, max, no limit, so can cover anyone who may want to go next year.
do you camp or get hotels? btw, my brother's place, although spacious, can't handle 20 people! :lol2:
We stay downtown. It's cool cause at night, that's where the party is and my hotel is right in the middle of it. I love MotoGP weekend at Indy, it is WAY better than Laguna. Monterey is pretty and all, but they just don't have the hotel space and bars, restaurants and such that Indy does. Not to mention, Indy knows how to handle large crowds. 65,000 people at Laguna sucks......65,000-hundreds of thousands no problem at Indy. Down town is crowded enough to be fun, but you can still get a table or a seat most places.
Lots of cool bikes---
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

shift wrote:i'm heading up on wednesday morning with a friend. we've camped the past 2 years and had a blast. made lots of friends too. year one yielded me pics of 2 chicks making out on my fzr 400 while i was off partying somewhere else. our camping neighbor caught the action on digital camera. gotta say, they looked better on the tiny camera screen than in the photo i got. :lol2:

i might be mistaken, but i am pretty sure moto gp did not renew indy's contract for 2011. i thought this is the last year indy is hosting gp.

More like we are are waiting to hear about next year.....

<snip>A bigger question mark hangs over the plan, however. 2010 is the final year of the three-year contract which Dorna has with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and as yet, no news has emerged concerning Indy's intentions to continue the agreement. Although officials involved in the event have been extremely complimentary about the event, there is still no sign of a deal being finalized to extend the Indy GP
<snip>
http://motomatters.com/news/2010/08/02/ ... ds_co.html

Personally, I think it's a powerplay by DORNA

Right now when Laguna happens (they have a contract till 2014) - it's just the premier class (no Moto2 or 125 soon to be Moto3) as that AMA runs it superbike classes on the same weekend... So right now Indy is the only place that the Moto2 and 125/Moto3 classes run in the US, but the rumor is DORNA is trying to bring Moto2 and Moto3/125 to Laguna, and possibly changing the schedule to have Laguna and Indy back to back...

Keep in mind that the current schedule for motogp is Laguna, Brno, Indy... Which is a logistical nightmare coming and going from and back to the US (for the GP Class) and it's apparently expensive for the Moto2 and 125 classes to come to the US for just ONE race.. So it would make sense that DORNA is trying to get all three classes to Laguna, along with changing the schedule so the races in the US are back to back...

However, it's also a strong bargaining position.. ie don't let us bring Moto2 and Moto3 to Laguna - then they will pull out of Indy all together.. I personally would like to see all three clases at both Laguna and Indy .... It doesn't bother me that it's back to back... It's probably going to go down to the wire, and will probably also depend upon attendence this weekend...

The fight will most likely be with DMG - who owns AMA Roadracing (and has run it into the freaking ground).. Keep in mind that Laguna is a HUGE draw and I am sure they don't want to lose out (remember that at the US GP at Laguna - they run AMA Superbikes races where/when at other venues the Moto2 and 125 classes run ie it's be hard to have both all 3 gp classes as well as the AMA ones in one weekend)..

Personally, AMA is on it's last legs - Kawasaki and Honda have pulled out for this year, purses have been slashed by more than 1/2, so major talent has either retired or have moved on to other venues... Let's face it, the US as a whole doesn't back/sponsor it's motorcycle racing as much as most other countries... We get Not Another Sport Centered Around Rednecks instead with go fast turn left (yawn)... Apparently as a whole, when it comes to motorsports, were MORONS....

I hope they keep indy ... I really do... but it could go either way...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

On eof the guys that went today, traveled the exact route I planned, so he had a great trip, no issues and all.

Since this might be the last year, guess I better party twice as hard this year just in case! Heading out at 0500 in the morning, you guys have a great weekend, I will!
Lots of cool bikes---