I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Places a hhr probably shouldn't go.......

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
code
DAMN Poohba

Places a hhr probably shouldn't go.......

Post by code »

So I've read about and have mapped out more western md, wv. dirt and gravel roads. We had an extended weekend out there (family in town visiting) so I had a lil' bit of free time I thought I'd explore a bit. No bike, just my hhr :nono: :lol2:
So we headed into wv...single lane paved unmarked road..pretty typical. Then it turned to gravel...still not surprised. Then it got interesting.Image
So we passed a few parked cars where the gravel ended and the dirt began.. I was thinking that this shouldn't be too bad since it was relatively dry packed dirt and nothing rough.
Then a few lil' puddles...woohoo. big deal :thumbup:
still not so bad.....but it didn't appear to be getting better...
And on the other side still to come....

Needless to say, Kath was not impressed at this point and cam was in the back saying he had to get out to pee :boohoo: So while I was taking pictures, Kath threw the car in reverse for dry land :lol2: And a good job she did getting out of there backwards :thumbup:

Could this be another "goat path" for next years 777 ride :harhar: :thumbup: :brows: :brows:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Places a hhr probably shouldn't go.......

Post by Rut Row »

code wrote:Could this be another "goat path" for next years 777 ride :harhar: :thumbup: :brows: :brows:
:rayof:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

hhr = hondahawkrider? :shrug:

It is funny how easy it is to find a boggy marsh on top of the mountain ridges out here. :rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

You're talking to a guy who had standing water coming over the hood of his wife's Pontiac Sunfire... Let me give you the rule I live by; I don't care what it was designed to do, I care about what it CAN do.

Looks like fun though. I wish I could spend more time exploring out there.
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

CapoGreg wrote:You're talking to a guy who had standing water coming over the hood of his wife's Pontiac Sunfire... Let me give you the rule I live by; I don't care what it was designed to do, I care about what it CAN do.

I would've pushed it a little harder had I been somewhere that I knew someone could bail me out. Being where we were at the time in conjunction to where people we knew could help us out, it wasn't the brightest thing to keep going on.

Mike...hhr is the type of car, though maybe jason shouldn't go back there. :harhar: :lol2: :harhar:
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Looks mud-O-licious Joe!! :harhar:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

code wrote:
CapoGreg wrote:You're talking to a guy who had standing water coming over the hood of his wife's Pontiac Sunfire... Let me give you the rule I live by; I don't care what it was designed to do, I care about what it CAN do.

I would've pushed it a little harder had I been somewhere that I knew someone could bail me out. Being where we were at the time in conjunction to where people we knew could help us out, it wasn't the brightest thing to keep going on.

Mike...hhr is the type of car, though maybe jason shouldn't go back there. :harhar: :lol2: :harhar:

:dirtdog: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :dirtdog:
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se