I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Wayne - Wayne National forest (Ohio) Monday Creek Area

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

The Wayne - Wayne National forest (Ohio) Monday Creek Area

Post by Ovo »

Last week while in Ohio I made a trip to Wayne National forest with the XT and my cousin. So we took the 3 hour drive down to the Monday Creek Area in Nelsonville, OH. I can say the trails were a blast to ride, not to much open and rip stuff, but a lot of ups and downs and mud/clay holes. Trails weren't to busy as we went on a Thursday, we saw about 15 total people in the woods. If you are in the area, its certainly worth a ride.

Me and my XT and my cousins 83' XT200

From http://www.atvaonline.com/ride/wayne.asp:
Within the Monday Creek ORV area there are 70-plus miles of designated trails, with something for everyone. Several of the trails that are marked less difficult are wide, generally smooth, and suitable even for beginning riders.

The trails that are marked more or most difficult feature twisty trails and challenging hill climbs strewn with large rocks and slippery tree roots that will catch you off guard if you aren’t paying attention.

If you are up for a challenging longer ride, take the main corridor trail north from Dorr Run to New Straitsville. This is a long ride with a few difficult sections thrown in to make it very interesting. Look for a sandy play area along this route that is fun to ride.

Monday Creek has four separate trail heads: New Straitsville, Monday Creek, Long Ridge and Dorr Run. All the trails are interconnected except Long Ridge, which you will have to trailer to if you are not riding a street legal and licensed motorcycle.

Dorr Run has five parking areas that often fill up quickly on weekends, so plan to arrive early. There is no designated campground within the area, but the Forest Service allows camping in parking lots and any area large enough for you to pull into…just don’t block the trail or road.

Trail permits are $12 per day per rider or $45 for the season, and are required whether you ride an ATV, motorcycle, bicycle or even a horse. Riding season is April 15 to December 15. You can buy your trail permits and good maps at many gas stations in Nelsonville.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: The Wayne - Wayne National forest (Ohio) Monday Creek A

Post by Rut Row »

my brother Kris has been trying to get me to come over and ride that with him. I think we should do a DAMN invasion next year.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris