I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Anyone interested in this type of Rally....

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Re: Anyone interested in this type of Rally....

Post by hondahawkrider »

biffer99 wrote:
Hare wrote:great idea, you could also hide a stamp or a hole punch at the location.

another version I always wanted to do was the old time Hares and Hounds or Hash runs, where you have one guy that goes out ahead and lays out markings, some false most real, as others progress in tracking him to different points.

http://www.hashnj.com/about.htm
awesome...
I know all about hashing... The only problem I have with it on two wheels is that folks have a tendency to take down sign and markers that folks can miss too easily at speed - lets face it - even while running you have the time to look around - on a bike.. Not so much... Not to mention that If I put this on - I would then have roll around the to all the spots and place markers the day before... Where if they are points on a GPS - I can travel out over a period of time to set up the spots well in advance and to figure out what questions to ask and pick things that are NOT apt to change...

I would do something more like this if folks wanted to do a street ride like this - but remember were talking in and around Greenridge and hanover - ie the idea to have allot of dirt... I could however do something sneaky ... Like ask a question that can only be answered if you looking down midway up/down from the Powerlines at Greenridge.. This way some folks would probably ride up to check it out - where as others could follow the trail along the side - get off and run out onto it... or better yet... One of the spots might be the hillclimb out near GR and give it a high point value.. This means your choices and riding all the way around the long way on the street to get there - or you take the RRob express and ride on the train tracks over the bridge.... Trust me, there won't need to be false trails ... the reals spots will be good enough.. Guys with the smaller bikes will have ways to get there over hill over dale, but I will make it so the big bikes have just as much opportunity to shine ala greater power...

I'd like to do something like this in the fall if folks are interested - I figure it will be a small group... However, if enough folks like and have fun.. It could be modified a bit and be done at the renunion next year - where freaking tons of folks show up...

eh... it's just a thought...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Re: Anyone interested in this type of Rally....

Post by B DIRT »

I need to get caught up on my reading
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)