I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Cove riding tomorrow (monday the 5th)? Anybody down?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Fur_Pig

The Cove riding tomorrow (monday the 5th)? Anybody down?

Post by Fur_Pig »

I just moved to Hagerstown, MD from Michigan (although originally I'm from KS) and am looking for people to ride with and places to go. On KTMtalk I got some suggestions for places to go, one of which is "the cove" in gore, va. I've heard its a bit rocky, technical and fun. I have nobody to ride with up here :boohoo: and have alot more fun riding with others. I plan to go to the cove tomorrow to blow the cobwebs off my bike and ride all day. If anybody is interested I'd love to have some company and maybe have someone who's been there before show me around. I will be in D.C. today/tonight checking out the fireworks but will check the forum later tonight to see if anybody is interested. If someone is interested in meeting there please don't be shy and give me a call on my cell so we can plan a time.
Jamie 913-486-8855
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: The Cove riding tomorrow (monday the 5th)? Anybody down?

Post by Rut Row »

welcome and enjoy! we'll all be going to the Cove in Sept. Lots a guys in the neighborhood so stay tuned - rides will be coming!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Fur_Pig

Post by Fur_Pig »

I saw that post about the ride in September. As of now, count me in as my schedule looks clear. I plan on running all the trails tomorrow to see all that the cove has to offer. From what I've read I'll probably take some spare tubes as it sounds nice and rocky. I'm excited to ride the pink trail that is the "difficult" one and see how it is. As of now I'm going solo but if anybody wants to meet up I'll be out there at 10 am with the bike pictured above. :roost:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Welcome to the fourm.
Hope you enjoyed your ride at the Cove.
If you did not find enough trails to keep you entertained you need to try some of the jeep sections.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Jamie

Give me a call 301.672.7506 or shoot me an email "jmgktm@msn.com". I live in the Hagerstown area and am pretty plugged into all of the riding areas.

Jim
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Fur_Pig

Post by Fur_Pig »

The MotoCove was pretty sweet but the rocks got a little old after a day of riding. I must say I prefer faster paced dirt trails than the slower paced rocks but I had a good time. I did the blue trail first to warm up and ended up lost for an hour on amazing single track trails.....come to find out they were hiking trails oops. After getting back on track I did the orange loop 3 times then called it a day. The office told me they don't recommend running the pink trail by yourself and especially since it was my first time out there. They also said it takes 4 hours :screwy: to do which I can't imagine since the 10 mile orange trail was shorter than an hour. Eitherway, I want to go back now just so I can do the pink trail lol. I don't know if I just suck at rocks but I found myself in first gear a lot more than I would have imagined going through rock gardens. I didn't venture off into any of the jeep trails as they said they are poorly marked and easy to get lost on. I'll be more adventurous next time when I have someone to ride with :whoop: .
Jim, I sent you an email!
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

You can ride every trail they have in 4 hours if you hold a good pace. They say 4 hours for the harder pink trail because they are used to quad / jeep pace.
Off the pink trail is a nice chunk of single track with a good rock face to climb, my favorite part of the Cove.
If you did not like the rocks then the harder jeep option trails are out, they are basicly trials sections that go on for miles. I will wait till it is colder and snakes are slower before trying some of the "hero" stuff.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:You can ride every trail they have in 4 hours if you hold a good pace. They say 4 hours for the harder pink trail because they are used to quad / jeep pace.
Off the pink trail is a nice chunk of single track with a good rock face to climb, my favorite part of the Cove.
If you did not like the rocks then the harder jeep option trails are out, they are basicly trials sections that go on for miles. I will wait till it is colder and snakes are slower before trying some of the "hero" stuff.
And you were trying to encourage ME to go to the Cove? :screwy:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Trials tire and auto clutch, Ken you can ride anything now :roost:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Boom Boom wrote:Trials tire and auto clutch, Ken you can ride anything now :roost:
so we hear...
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com