I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Another 5K

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Another 5K

Post by Laoch »

My better half and I ran another 5K today. We try to do two every summer. Today was the Gettysburg 5K. It was hot, DAMN hot. :knary:

I was 201 out of 713 :thumbup: 19 out of 47 in my older fart, but still young, age group :lol2:
Wifey was 413 :bow:
We do it for fun and to give us a goal for working out.
I see the bone Doc next week for my chronic knee pain :lol2:
I'll never learn.

Our next 5K is the weekend of the 777 ride :dirtdog:
And it's Jr's birthday that weekend.
Bruce
shift

Re: Another 5K

Post by shift »

congrats! i'll ride/pedal anything 2 wheeled all day through just about anything, but running 5k is too grueling to me! :knary:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

shift wrote:congrats! i'll ride/pedal anything 2 wheeled all day through just about anything, but running 5k is too grueling to me! :knary:
It's all relative. In the Army we did 5, 10 and up to 25 miles :screwy: , so 5K or 3.1 miles is a breeze.

I do bike, but I find it boring. I may have to do the two wheel thing more often with my dodgy knees. :boohoo:
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kathy and I are doing a 5k on the 4th in Winchester with a few other friends. Its a tough one with a lot of elevation changes, if you and the wife want a challenge, come on down.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wingfixer wrote:Kathy and I are doing a 5k on the 4th in Winchester with a few other friends. Its a tough one with a lot of elevation changes, if you and the wife want a challenge, come on down.
Hmmmm. Fook hills :lol2:

Unfortunately that's family cook out and watch the sky day/night.
Bruce
shift

Post by shift »

dirtygrunt wrote:
shift wrote:congrats! i'll ride/pedal anything 2 wheeled all day through just about anything, but running 5k is too grueling to me! :knary:
It's all relative. In the Army we did 5, 10 and up to 25 miles :screwy: , so 5K or 3.1 miles is a breeze.

I do bike, but I find it boring. I may have to do the two wheel thing more often with my dodgy knees. :boohoo:
true true...

i ran xc in high school, and could do the 3.1 in 17:30 - 18:30 in the marines. i just feel like foot travel is the most primitive means of travel. pedaling on the road is also a yawnfest to me too. oddly enough, i wanna do at least an (off-road) half ironman someday. it's that running that will kill me. ha ha :shrug:
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

dirtygrunt wrote:My better half and I ran another 5K today. We try to do two every summer. Today was the Gettysburg 5K. It was hot, DAMN hot. :knary:

I was 201 out of 713 :thumbup: 19 out of 47 in my older fart, but still young, age group :lol2:
Wifey was 413 :bow:
We do it for fun and to give us a goal for working out.
I see the bone Doc next week for my chronic knee pain :lol2:
I'll never learn.

Our next 5K is the weekend of the 777 ride :dirtdog:
And it's Jr's birthday that weekend.
Times?

I'm a rider/runner, good to hear of someone else that's stupid enough to do both.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

[quote="jxs2151
Times?

I'm a rider/runner, good to hear of someone else that's stupid enough to do both.[/quote]

Times? Not as good as previous years. But I was in at 24.50 and my SO at 29.51.
I was about a minute off my normal and SO has run 5k's in 27.30-28.00, so she had an off day.

It was a fairly flat course, but the sun was intense. Our next one has a good couple of hills. Summer road races kinda suck.
Bruce
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

dirtygrunt wrote:[quote="jxs2151
Times?

I'm a rider/runner, good to hear of someone else that's stupid enough to do both.
Summer road races kinda suck.[/quote]

Yep, they do. I just ran one in the hills in WV and it was hot.

Sweat builds character.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

jxs2151 wrote:Sweat builds character.
You sound like my Dad - he used to say that all the time on the farm.

If I'm sweating, I'm getting paid! :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris