I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Summer Solstice

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Summer Solstice

Post by mdubya »

We have just passed that 2 longest days of the year. It is always my tradition to try to ride until dark on those days. Last night I got out for a brief thrash around the Savage River Reservoir on the new to me DRZ SM. Got home at 9:30 PM and there was still a band of pink over the western ridge across from my house.

I will be doing my best to get out each evening this week to take advantage of the long late evenings.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Kath

Re: Summer Solstice

Post by Kath »

It's hard to enjoy the summer solstice when it's about 106 degrees (with the heat index). Ugh....it was really rough today.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kath wrote:It's hard to enjoy the summer solstice when it's about 106 degrees (with the heat index). Ugh....it was really rough today.
We had some storms roll through this evening, so no ride tonight. :cry:

As bad as the winters are, the summers sure are relatively pleasant. TyMarp and I went for a little ride Monday evening and he had to stop and put a shell on over his mesh jacket due to the chill. :ride:

Next week is supposed to clear out and be pleasant everywhere.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

AC hasn't worked since we moved in. I finally fixed it this Spring, but we've adjusted to the heat and use the extra utility monies to play.

BTW - 94 degrees in here right now. I've got a long sleeve shirt on. :-D
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Maybe it's the heat talking, but does anyone else seem to peak right around the end of June, then slowly become more and more depressed as time marches forward? I love the long days, except their temporary nature.