I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Finally!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Finally!

Post by chasbo »

Well, after 8 months of blissful unemployment I have a new job. The best part is I am still a wrench! Only now, instead of bicycles I get to work on motorcycles. Pretty DAMN cool. Of course, I am back on the bottom wrung of the ladder. Time to get climbing! :ride:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Finally!

Post by Rut Row »

congrats! employment is always good.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

:thumbup: :cheers: :loveit:

Been there, done that, and I have never felt so lucky to have a job.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Where you working at?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Bucho wrote:Where you working at?
Scared to have a noob working on your bike that used to work on the peddal kind
:poser: Just teasin ya chasbo... Congrats on the new job! So where are you now? Twigg?
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

I am at Motorcycle Classics in Boonesboro. I took a class at HCC that Chuck Banks taught and he approached me and said he thought I would make a decent tech based on what he saw in the class and offered me a job. Don't worry about me messing up your bike though, I am an apprentice tech and am kept away from stuff that is over my head. I am pretty much restricted to carb cleans/adjustments, fork services, brake services, tire changes, oil and filter changes and other pretty basic stuff. I feel pretty lost at times, but he and his son both take the time to explain stuff to me as I go along. They both seem nice enough and are fun to work with, good people. For me, just working again and being in a shop mean the most. I am hoping that by three years I will have my feet under me and be good to go.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Sweet! I've been talking with Chuck about sponsoring my Pike's Peak sidecar - he offered assistance - maybe I'll ask him to send his apprentice along... :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

LOL, that would be badass! Which Chuck did you speak to? Dad or son?
Kyler wrote:Sweet! I've been talking with Chuck about sponsoring my Pike's Peak sidecar - he offered assistance - maybe I'll ask him to send his apprentice along... :brows:

Oh and here is something funny. We all have the same first and middle names. Charles Edward. Is that weird or what?!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Mostly the son - Dad was there when we talked about PPIHC
Ken
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Congrats on the job! :thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.