I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Finally!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Re: Finally!

Post by chasbo »

Ha! For the first time ever, I made money fixing a motorcycle! Today was a good day! In fact, it was the first money I have made in almost 9 months....whew. :roost:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I have a couple of DRZ motors you can practice on if you want. :deal: And a 900 SS. And an old Triumph. :rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

Yer a brave man Mdub! :harhar:

mdubya wrote:I have a couple of DRZ motors you can practice on if you want. :deal: And a 900 SS. And an old Triumph. :rickey:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

chasbo wrote:Yer a brave man Mdub! :harhar:

mdubya wrote:I have a couple of DRZ motors you can practice on if you want. :deal: And a 900 SS. And an old Triumph. :rickey:
It is easy to be brave when you got nothing to lose. :lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

OK, those of you that have done this before can point and laugh if you want, but I fixed my first bike today on my own (well mostly). An XS650 Yamaha that came in would not start. Nothing happened when you hit the starter button and it wouldn't fire when you kicked it either. I installed a new fuse box to replace the home job done by the last owner, followed the flaw to a bad starter solenoid which I then replaced, continued to follow the problem to a bad kill switch and bad starter switch which I cleaned up and fixed. then I cleaned up the points, after checking to make sure the coils were good. Double checked that the ignition module was good. Repaired a short in the rear turn signals and fired it right up. Talk about bad freakin ass! Took the bike from dead in the water to running! Every now and then, the shop owner would point out things to try, but I did all the work on my own. That is a good feeling, making something run again.

Now I am in the middle of rebuilding a KZ1100 Kawi. Going to replace the topside gaskets, clean and rebuild the carbs (we have a sweet ass ultrasonic cleaner for that), replace a front caliper, rear disc and all the brake hoses and bleed the brakes, Do the fork seals and replace the fluid, replace one of the rear shocks, fix the rabbits nest of wiring the last owner created (electrics are my weak link, but I am learning to dig them), install new handlebars, replace the ignition relay, install an exhaust system and change the tires. I have already done the engine oil and gear oil for the shaft drive as well as replaced a bad starter solenoid during the estimate, where I at least got the bike to turn over.

This stuff is cool as hell to do. I am having a blast AND THEY ARE PAYING ME FOR IT! SCHAWING!