I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Pike Peak practice run...

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Pike Peak practice run...

Post by zooom »

http://vimeo.com/m/#/12564301

...video on a 2010 Ducati Multistrada...

I still say it isn't an "offroad" bike per say...but he is surely haulin a lil bit of a butt on it...
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Pike Peak practice run...

Post by Rut Row »

wow - vid has been deleted...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

try
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

to much pavement. Wasn`t there a lot more dirt before?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

jr-n-the mule wrote:to much pavement. Wasn`t there a lot more dirt before?
it used to be 100% dirt/gravel. The enviros sued because too much gravel and dirt was washing off and clogging the streams. By 2012 in has to be 100% paved. That is why I'm trying hard to run it in 2011. After that the sport bikes and F1/F2 sidecars will dominate and the race will change completely.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote:
jr-n-the mule wrote:to much pavement. Wasn`t there a lot more dirt before?
it used to be 100% dirt/gravel. The enviros sued because too much gravel and dirt was washing off and clogging the streams. By 2012 in has to be 100% paved. That is why I'm trying hard to run it in 2011. After that the sport bikes and F1/F2 sidecars will dominate and the race will change completely.
Thats quick. I thought it would be a few more years before it was all paved.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:That's quick. I thought it would be a few more years before it was all paved.
I'm hoping the last sections are paved after the 2012 race. They say all the upper dirt sections will be paved this year.
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare - bring your FL400 in 2011 dude.

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Ken
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

You know, I'm not anti-environment, or hostile to protecting the ozone layer, or whatever.... I'll admit that I don't usually like the *people* that promote these concerns, tho.

But some of this shit just goes too far. I really resent the loss of an American racing icon because of enviro-concerns that could be solved in other ways.
shift

Post by shift »

zooom wrote:http://vimeo.com/m/#/12564301

...video on a 2010 Ducati Multistrada...

I still say it isn't an "offroad" bike per say...but he is surely haulin a lil bit of a butt on it...
nice video, thanks for sharing! i was there a week or two before you were and it looks like a lot of snow has melted in that little bit of time. was the actual race today?