I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Scoot

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Re: New Scoot

Post by the dude himself »

Next question is Eastern Seaboard or Potomac River? Green Ridge we could do a day of paddling and a day of riding. Monkey/Redneck County we could hit one of several islands.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

I work 6 days so GR makes it just to far away. Eastern Seaboard would be fine but be scared of the skeeters. My vote would be Montgomery Co, just cause that's the area I know the least and would love to learn more about. However I am open to any.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

All we have to do is find the time. I`m booked the 3weekends in a row.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Pick a weekend in August or September - we'll do a short (2 hour) trip down the Virginia Channel to a great little beach. The put in is at Riley's Lock Rd., but the closest pull out is Pennyfield Lock (downstream from the beach). If we're feeling adventurous, there's some <Cat I Rapids between Pennyfield and Swains Lock, and we can pull out there. I'm in an aluminum double ender, and have paddled all this before - so it's easily doable. I've also done it with the wife and dog in the canoe, and me swimming alongside.

For those that want to ride over (Fox) I've got a garage you can park in and ride with us to the river.

If more want to join, I've got a line on a few canoes/kayaks, but I'm not pooling resources if there's no interest.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

yeah someone name a weekend and I'll just have to see what I can do. I would rather toss the Kayaks in the truck and just make it a over nighter. Won't fool with the bikes at all.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

FOX8505 wrote:yeah someone name a weekend and I'll just have to see what I can do. I would rather toss the Kayaks in the truck and just make it a over nighter. Won't fool with the bikes at all.
I say we shoot for the middle of august. No bikes just boats. I`m in... Overnight is good with me.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX