I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Scoot

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
FOX8505

Re: New Scoot

Post by FOX8505 »

Grady wrote:Hart Miller's nice, but be sure to bring the bug spray, they have been viscous lately. If by chance Hart Miller is full, I believe Pleasure island allows camping too and is just south of Hart Miller. Where are you launching from, Rocky point? If I'm not riding on the weekend, I'm usually at the island relaxing and swimming any chance I get :cheers:. Most the weekend party people anchor near the observation tower and spread from there. The further away from the tower you get a site, the less chance people will be anchored right off shore partying near you on the weekend (Unless you don't mind that).
Grady; I've never been and appericate the tips. Not sure where to put in, that's half the reason I was gonna scout it out prior to our trip. any idea's on where I can park overnight? The further from the weekend party folk the better. meet us for a round if you'd like. I'm not familiar with Paradise Island. I was kinda just gonna wing this whole trip. How far of a paddle is HMI? and then, how far of a paddle from HMI to PI?

Thanks!
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I don't paddle, so I'm a poor judge on that. However, rocky point is probably the closest public spot to put in at. Pleasure would be an easy paddle from HMI. I'm not sure about overnight parking, but I don't think its a problem at rocky point. They technically close at sunset, but you can still get out if need be. There are several other launch points, but they are farther. I guess it depends on how far you like to paddle. I can also recommend a decent place to eat and grab a drink that wouldn't be too far of a paddle from Rocky point
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

kool bike fox, i have the same one 'cept its got all the smog stuff off of it,you could test ride it if you want to see if there is a difference in power
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

zamobro9 wrote:kool bike fox, i have the same one 'cept its got all the smog stuff off of it,you could test ride it if you want to see if there is a difference in power
I'd love to. Did you remove all that junk yourself? I think i'm a little too skeered to do it on my own. Another Pasadena DS rider, we should put our minds together on some trails.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

FOX8505 wrote:I'd love to. Did you remove all that junk yourself? I think i'm a little too skeered to do it on my own. Another Pasadena DS rider, we should put our minds together on some trails.
that's what, 3 PAX guys now?

how about sponsoring a Southern MD DS ride? :roost:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Kyler wrote:
FOX8505 wrote:I'd love to. Did you remove all that junk yourself? I think i'm a little too skeered to do it on my own. Another Pasadena DS rider, we should put our minds together on some trails.
that's what, 3 PAX guys now?

how about sponsoring a Southern MD DS ride? :roost:
Yes, and off record I have 2 more. only I can't really help with setting up a ride. I always head west to find trails.
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

when ever you want to ride the 650 let me know,and no i didn't take the smog junk off i bought it that way.i work at jims body shop 410 647 1178 ask for Kenny,and as far as a ds ride around here.....every patch of woods turns into a housing development :frustrated:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

FOX8505 wrote: Did you remove all that junk yourself? I think i'm a little too skeered to do it on my own.
Its not that bad. The smog removal is easy-peasy. Get the IMS block off kit; the directions suck but there are plenty of write-ups on the net to walk you through it. IMHO, I don't know if there is any performance gain, but it sure looks better without all that crap on the bike.

Diving into the carb to do Dave's mods is more intimidating than it is hard. I may even have an x-tra washer around to shim the needle with; if I can find it, it is yours for the taking. Re-jetting while you are in there is worth it too as the bike is too lein in its stock form. Also do the de-snorkle to the airbox and consider getting an after-market air filter and exhaust and you will REALLY wake that bike up.

It has been a while since I did all this stuff to my BRP, but if you need any help, I'd be glad to give you a hand.

Jay
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Skinny-J wrote:
FOX8505 wrote: Did you remove all that junk yourself? I think i'm a little too skeered to do it on my own.
Its not that bad. The smog removal is easy-peasy. Get the IMS block off kit; the directions suck but there are plenty of write-ups on the net to walk you through it. IMHO, I don't know if there is any performance gain, but it sure looks better without all that crap on the bike.

Diving into the carb to do Dave's mods is more intimidating than it is hard. I may even have an x-tra washer around to shim the needle with; if I can find it, it is yours for the taking. Re-jetting while you are in there is worth it too as the bike is too lein in its stock form. Also do the de-snorkle to the airbox and consider getting an after-market air filter and exhaust and you will REALLY wake that bike up.

It has been a while since I did all this stuff to my BRP, but if you need any help, I'd be glad to give you a hand.

Jay
Thanks for all the tips guys. I've actually jetted a few bikes in the past, but looking back on a few I'm not sure how they even ran. I'm a bit of a hack on my own stuff. What about if I removed the carb and just brought it to you? there is no need for the bike right?

That's one thought. The other... is i'd just leave it in stock form. I kinda don't care anymore about power increases, the bike has enough power in stock form to keep me happy. I chose this bike for commuting, light trail riding, and motocamping. Every bike I've owned over the years i've spent thousands of dollars hopping them up and making them go faster, while farkling to every extreme. Maybe for the first time I'll just leave it be :shrug:

Haven't made up my mind yet.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Did you get your paddle trip in??
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX