I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

new to me....

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
code
DAMN Poohba

new to me....

Post by code »

Fought it out between the klr08 - newer / the drzsm.... 2fridays ago I drove for 5hrs. after work to test ride both bikes.
Image won out.. and a lot of fun she is...not quite the same kind of fun as the sm would've been, but fun :thumbup:

After owning the strom, this thing weights nothing, but is still very capable of the commute I've got. It was really hard to say "no" to the drzsm.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: new to me....

Post by Rut Row »

nice bike! I have missed mine at times.

Even tho the newer models supposedly have the 'doo fixed, I'd recommend replacing it anyway.

and if you think a KLR is light, my gawd... the Strom must be a really heavy weight! :screwy:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Kyler wrote:if you think a KLR is light, my gawd... the Strom must be a really heavy weight! :screwy:
Strom is 100lbs. heavier dry &/or wet. Gas tank is bout the same..so. When I have half a tank of gas on the klr, it feels like my dr350 with a full tank. Amazing how confident inspiring 100lb. difference can be. Sits a lil' higher then the strom, but I'm getting use to it (god forbid I get stuck in mud..will have to jump of to push it out :harhar: )

250 miles to a tank, running it at 65-85mph highway to work and back commuting... can't beat it. The vibration isn't noticeable at all.

Dr is at my friends getting an electrical go-over. Had a nice oil leak too, but that's now fixed. Have some 606's comin' for the klr for the 777 ride...lets see if I pull it off :thumbup:
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Well I've got the Doohickey (no tools) and some lowering links that you can have if you want them. I actually have this same bike that you could have had for a good price too, but I'm sure she'll make someone else just as happy.
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

biffer99 wrote:Well I've got the Doohickey (no tools) and some lowering links that you can have if you want them. I actually have this same bike that you could have had for a good price too, but I'm sure she'll make someone else just as happy.
doh... why are you selling yours? If you don't want the doohickey or links..let me know how much. Am sure I can figure out something as far as tools or gettin' someone to help me install it for a few beers. :lol2:
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

code wrote:
biffer99 wrote:Well I've got the Doohickey (no tools) and some lowering links that you can have if you want them. I actually have this same bike that you could have had for a good price too, but I'm sure she'll make someone else just as happy.
doh... why are you selling yours? If you don't want the doohickey or links..let me know how much. Am sure I can figure out something as far as tools or gettin' someone to help me install it for a few beers. :lol2:
Trying to get something smaller....DRZ400 or WR250 size. I LOVE the KLR but I just don't make the time to go riding on long dual-sport (pavement heavy) rides. I prefer the trails. I'll give you both for free next time we meet up. There is a link on KLR650.net http://www.Klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60952 where you can borrow a doohickey wrench.
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Lowering links? :screwy: I had to put raising links on mine... :salute:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Kyler wrote:Lowering links? :screwy: I had to put raising links on mine... :salute:
Tall lanky guys with large inseams. :dry: large inseams=nothin' between the legs :harhar: :amazon:

Kath is tryin' to talk me into lowering links cause I can barely get the balls of my feet on the ground at a stop. I think she's got other motives (she wants to ride it). And by it, I mean the bike :dirtdog: If I get caught in mud, I'm gonna have to plow thru or hop off real quick before the bike goes over :lol2: So word of advice on the 777 ride, no stopping in the mud. I don't plan on climbing on and off my bike much, if at all on this trip
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

code wrote:Kath is tryin' to talk me into lowering links cause I can barely get the balls on the ground at a stop.
dude it must be painful to walk with balls that big...

get the lowering links. When that b*tch is fully gassed is almost guaranteed to dump the bike if you can't get a foot out to balance it and your even slightly off balance. Even though I could flat foot mine, I had a couple of very close calls.
Ken
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

CODE REALLY!!! You sell a suzuki and buy kaw. :screwy: :screwy: and then you don`t call to show off the new bike. I hope you like the new ride. :loveit: :loveit: lets go for a ride. :whoop:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX