I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Supermoto trackday at summit point wv

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
kevleetee

Supermoto trackday at summit point wv

Post by kevleetee »

I survived my first closed course sumo experience, and had a blast! I've ridden my ktm525exc on the street sumo style but the trackday seemed alot safer.The speeds were slower than the street for me anyway.There were 25 riders signed up which made it so you could ride at your leasure without having timed sessions.We took a lunch brake, lunch provided by MFI, and an afternoon brake for nearby explosives, but otherwise you could spend as much time on the track as possible. The cost is $50 a person. The guys who put it on are summit point employees and provide a very safe environment to learn and experience sumo.This was the second trackday this year and I will try to get the next date and post it ASAP. The course was the kart track with a dirt section with a small step-up jump and a tabletop. I definitely recommend this to anyone. There were all kinds of bikes from a TTr 125 with trials tires to fully prepped sm's with race slicks.If you're curious what it looks like go to youtube and checkout last months trackday 5-7-10 supermoto at summit point.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Supermoto trackday at summit point wv

Post by mdubya »

Hi Kev, restukey and another of our friends did the first Summit SM day and they found the track to be very slippery. How was the traction yesterday?

If you take a look around you will find my recent post about SM at BeaveRun.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

I rode up there to see what this was all about. I got there as a bunch of folks were leaving, but still saw some decent riding. I didn't hear anyone mention the track being slick, but I can't say that's due to more traction or to them knowing about it beforehand so they weren't bitching :lol2: I think once I'm back in shape I'll try the DR650 out there :whoop:

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

if I ever get the Wasp running again, it could handle those jumps
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
kevleetee

Post by kevleetee »

Kevin here, the track was only slippery in spots where they used pavement sealer. I was sliding front and rear at different times but the speeds were slow enough not to be dangerous. Everybody has to deal with the same conditions and nobody has a real advantage it seemed. The dirt was far more slippery I thought, so i just went slower on that section.I think riding at anytime is like golf,you challenge yourself and end up sometimes good and sometimes bad.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

kevleetee wrote:Kevin here, the track was only slippery in spots where they used pavement sealer. I was sliding front and rear at different times but the speeds were slow enough not to be dangerous. Everybody has to deal with the same conditions and nobody has a real advantage it seemed. The dirt was far more slippery I thought, so i just went slower on that section.I think riding at anytime is like golf,you challenge yourself and end up sometimes good and sometimes bad.
I understand all that. But if I am going to an asphalt track, I want to be able to ride it hard, full lean angles and max traction. I am not worried about everything being equal. :lol2:

The dirt section looks awesome though! :thumbup:

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

badguy wrote:I rode up there to see what this was all about. I got there as a bunch of folks were leaving, but still saw some decent riding. I didn't hear anyone mention the track being slick, but I can't say that's due to more traction or to them knowing about it beforehand so they weren't bitching :lol2: I think once I'm back in shape I'll try the DR650 out there :whoop:

Great photos badguy! :thumbup:

Super cool gif, too! :bow:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
kevleetee

Post by kevleetee »

They have NESBA trackdays on the big track. No dirt, full lean, max traction. If actual supermoto isn't what you like.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

kevleetee wrote:They have NESBA trackdays on the big track. No dirt, full lean, max traction. If actual supermoto isn't what you like.

OIC, I ask a simple question about the traction on the asphalt and now I am a sissy and you are a supermoto expert. :amazon: :roll:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC