south jersey dual sport - Sunday June 13

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
sallydog
DAMN Expert

south jersey dual sport - Sunday June 13

Post by sallydog » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 pm

will i be the only DAMN rider there? this sunday. similar to hammer run... $35 includes lunch and tshirt.

http://www.sjer.org/dual_sport.htm
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: south jersey dual sport - Sunday June 13

Post by Rut Row » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:36 pm

would love to but can't - also the R&T charity ride is this weekend.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Wish I could make it, I loved it last year. This event was my first experience riding Jersey sand and it hooked me.

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:37 pm

I would love to but I am in Florida doing re-current training. One of these days you Jersey guys will schedule something during my off week.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:32 pm

:loveit: I'll be there,not new to ECEA events or SETRA,NETRA,DIST.7 or a host of others,but to DAMN yes.I'm a member of DER,and I'll be there,the DAMN Jerseys look great.Where can I get one?I've got 50 miles on the Huskey and I'm looking to get at least 35-50 more before Sunday,and go do this dualsport.They always have a nice mix,whoops,tight,fast single track.I hope it's the same,you can wail some of this trail. :whoop: It's been a while,I can't wait to see what this 510 will do. :roost:
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:02 pm

waserman wrote:I'm a member of DER,and I'll be there,the DAMN Jerseys look great.Where can I get one?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1366

waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Well I went last Sunday and was having a great time,the trail was a good mix with a lot of open 2 track and the hero sections,until I rode over that small log and the bike stalled in that section just before the gas station and Wawa.I was the Huskey stalled in there and being pushed out of the woods,then towed down the road to the gas station.I looked and saw nothing which appeared out of the ordinary,although the bike has spent a considerable amount of time in the shop,and I just don't know my way around it yet.So several fellow Huskey riders tried to help,but had no luck.I had about given up when I noticed another rider with the same bike as mine,and asked if there were any quirks that he knew of that might point me in the right direction.The list was more than I had anticipated,fuel pump issues,wires ect.,but he took a look at it and tried to start it with the smae results as the others.Then he gets off the bike looks under the tank and says theres your problem,and points out that the throttle body is out of the intake manifold.The last back-fire and stall was just too much for it?The clamp was never fully tightened and the throttle body finallay worked its way out of the manifold.The tools came out and 30 seconds later,she was running again.Soooo I rode the rest of the course,ate some fine barbacue, :bull: and had a great day,although I need to tighten up the supension a little for the :whoop: .
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Nice report :thumbup:

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:24 pm

:harhar: I feel your pain!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris