I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Check your Six

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
CapoGreg

Check your Six

Post by CapoGreg »

A quick lesson on why you should check your mirrors at stops and be ready to react to the inattentive cellphone soccer dad in his minivan.

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]

Proof that hiviz gear and flashing brakelights don't work if the driver is not paying attention. He was running up behind me at about 60, I swerved left to get clear and he followed me, so I cut back right real quick to avoid getting 86'd
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Check your Six

Post by Rut Row »

and another good reason to stay off the highways! :screwy:

DAMN glad you are okay! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

Glad you made it through ok man! Great crash avoidance as well.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wish I would have had your camera this morning on my ride home.
I was on a three lane road (not a highway), w/ a speed limit of 40 or 45 mph. Traffic is doing at least 50, I'm doing a little more then that. A school bus pulls into traffic from the right and cuts across all three lanes. I was in the far left lane, the bus and I probably had about a 40-45 mph speed difference. I had the rear tire locked up and at one point even the front.
I usually can tell when someone is about to cut me off or kill me. Failed on that one.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

:bow: :bow: :bow:
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

DAMN! Good move on that one...we need to figure out a way to weed out inattentive drivers :dry:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

30 cal. chain guns would be a good start.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

Bucho wrote:Wish I would have had your camera this morning on my ride home.
I was on a three lane road (not a highway), w/ a speed limit of 40 or 45 mph. Traffic is doing at least 50, I'm doing a little more then that. A school bus pulls into traffic from the right and cuts across all three lanes. I was in the far left lane, the bus and I probably had about a 40-45 mph speed difference. I had the rear tire locked up and at one point even the front.
I usually can tell when someone is about to cut me off or kill me. Failed on that one.
Bucho, there are two things you never trust when you're on a motorcycle...a school bus and a fart.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

CapoGreg wrote:Bucho, there are two things you never trust when you're on a motorcycle...a school bus and a fart.
fart... boy does that remind me of a true story. Best told over a :cheers:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Crap, that was YOU on the bike? I do believe I'd'a had'a changed my shorts.

Good on the driver for not turning you into strawberry jam.