I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Music

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

DAMN Music

Post by Grady »

I've seen music threads on other forums and always enjoyed them, so I figured we could use one here. I've always enjoy all kinds of music, but I rarely listen to the radio. When I had more free time I used to go to lots of live shows where I'd discover bands I liked. Now that I rarely go to shows, I feel as if I've been listening to the same stuff for the past ten years or so. I still enjoy the music, but I'm always looking to broaden my collection and find stuff I've never heard or have forgotten about. This thread is for people to post links to music they listen to, no real rules, just post a youtube link or something. It doesn't have to be your favorite song, just one that you like. Any kind of music is fine, oldies, top 100, rock, punk, hip hop, country, cover songs....whatever, just post up links to songs you like.

I'll start off with one:
[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: DAMN Music

Post by Bucho »

Hey Tony, I know what you mean about listening to the same stuff all the time. I tend to hate whatever it is they play on the radio and find myself mostly listening to old Iron Maiden, ACDC, Jonny Cash, ect...
Have you ever tried Pandora.com? You type in a band or song you like, and it will play similar type music. You "thumbs up" the songs you like and "thumbs down" the songs you don't. Its slowly picks up all your likes and dislikes and soon it basically creates your own awesome music station.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

One of my favorite bands

I used to listen to this while warming up at fencing meets.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

Rush. Any Rush. All the time.....My favorite road ride song is Bravado off of Roll the Bones.

Alternatively I like Toad the Wet Sprocket, MSG, Robin Trower, Free, Colective Soul, Dream Theater, Pagan's Mind and too many others to list!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ronnie James Dio, passed away last weekend. R. I. P.
Glad I saw him last summer on his Heaven and Hell tour. Was awesome!

It used to drive me into a rage back in high school/college, talking w/ people who claimed to be metal fans and have no idea who Dio was or that Black Sabbath ever had a singer other than Ozzie.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

One more and I'll stop.

A friend of mine used to play in an Irish folk band and taught me some songs like this. Now I sing them to my kid at night.
This one is about the Irish Uprising of 1798.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Bucho wrote:Hey Tony, I know what you mean about listening to the same stuff all the time. I tend to hate whatever it is they play on the radio and find myself mostly listening to old Iron Maiden, ACDC, Jonny Cash, ect...
Have you ever tried Pandora.com? You type in a band or song you like, and it will play similar type music. You "thumbs up" the songs you like and "thumbs down" the songs you don't. Its slowly picks up all your likes and dislikes and soon it basically creates your own awesome music station.
I've played with pandora a little and I like it, but it seems to play all music from the same genre as the band you start with. I like all kinds of music, and when listening to my ipod it might go from Hardcore to Paul Simon to Willie Nelson, and I like that diversity.
[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Grady wrote: I've played with pandora a little and I like it, but it seems to play all music from the same genre as the band you start with. I like all kinds of music, and when listening to my ipod it might go from Hardcore to Paul Simon to Willie Nelson, and I like that diversity.
Make stations of the genre's you like, then Custom QuickMix them into a station of their own. If you are sure to rate the songs you love/hate, it'll get pretty accurate. I listen to my Pandora 8-10 hours a day, and thanks to the Droid whenever I'm out riding/boating/biking/exercising. I don't know where my MP3's are.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm a big fan of Gulch Radio http://www.gulchradio.com - they have a physical station as well as broadcast over the internet (the owner is a friend of mine so go listen!).

plays a huge mix of music from Native American to techno-bob - I particularly like the evening oldy shows :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
shift

Post by shift »

tool really gets my adrenaline flowing. very outside the box kinda style. i never get tired of their music, which i can't really say about any other bands.

2 other bands i started listening to recently are dropkick murphys and against me.