I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Susquehanna Dirt Roads - Saturday, June 26

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Susquehanna Dirt Roads - Saturday, June 26

Post by Skinny-J »

zamobro9 wrote:i could possibly be in for this :rickey: will i need my snorkel? where do we meet?
No snorkel required for this one! After Town-creek, the crossing on this ride will barely splash up onto your head-light rather than fill it!

From the Dina, straight-up 795 and RT 30 and you could meet at Russell's in Manchester, bright and early (follow the link on the first post). Or you could tool on around the Beltway and meet later at the Wawa. If you post-up that you are "in", we will be sure to look for you at where ever you decide....

Looking forward to seeing my XRL650 brother again....

Jay
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

i'm in,i'll probably truck my bike to the place in manchester is that ok? do they have somewhere i could unload?
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

zamobro9 wrote:i'm in,i'll probably truck my bike to the place in manchester is that ok? do they have somewhere i could unload?
Kenny,

Sweet, glad you can make it! Yes, Russell's driveway and yard are slopped so with a decent length ramp you should be fine.

Jay
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dmar »

Looks like iam still in. Unless there is a 100 % chance of rain. If it's just scattered showers I will still be in.
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

dmar wrote:Looks like iam still in. Unless there is a 100 % chance of rain. If it's just scattered showers I will still be in.
It looks to be hot one, but little chance of rain. We will look for you at the Wawa some time after 10'
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Damhit, wish I could be there. You guys have a good time and ride safe!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dmar »

Waited til a little after 10:30 then allphazes and I took off for the c+d canal by the way of the conowingo old rte 1 trail. It was also canal day at chesapeake city. All made for an interesting day. :cheers:
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

That's a shame only the two of you showed. I could have gone if it was later in the day, but I wanted to do my outside work before it got hot and I finished around 11. I've got something in the works that will take us on a loop around the Susquehanna, I'm just trying to work out a date.
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

sorry we missed you guys at the wawa...we showed up around 11...it was a really good ride...thanks Jay for all the cool roads..those older fellas rock,205 miles on the odometer, i don't know what was neater passing the combine or sawmill creek or wheelieing over the train tracks or........ :rayof: one more thing..conowingo dam was made in 1928
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

dmar wrote:Waited til a little after 10:30 then allphazes and I took off for the c+d canal by the way of the conowingo old rte 1 trail. It was also canal day at chesapeake city. All made for an interesting day. :cheers:
Dmar,

Sorry we missed you and Allphazes; we got a little later start from Manchester than I hoped (breakfast and chit-chat) and arrived at the Wawa maybe 10:40-ish. Sounds like we just missed you guys but you had fun up around the C & D anyway....

Kenny,

Thanks for helping Team Honda make a good showing in the midst of all the KLRs. Fishing Creek and Sawmill Rds are quite the little hiddend gems, but my favorite part of the day was basting up Piney Hill road and hitting the water breaks for some "big" air!

Til next time......