I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Lacing Rims

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Re: Lacing Rims

Post by OldmanX »

chasbo wrote:Nope, I am taking "Advanced Shoe Lacing 201" :lol2:
Have you made it to the "Knot in the middle" lesson yet?
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

That one always stumps me. Plus I always forget which hole the bunny goes down....I guess it's velcro shoes for another year...

OldmanX wrote:
chasbo wrote:Nope, I am taking "Advanced Shoe Lacing 201" :lol2:
Have you made it to the "Knot in the middle" lesson yet?
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

I have experience building bicycle wheels too. Any idea if a bicycle tension meeter would work on the moto gauge spokes? I was thinking I would be able to tru the moto wheel while its on the bike.
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

Bicycle tensiometers are designed to ork with bicycle spoke guages and won't work on a moto wheel. I verified that by trying my Park and my Wheelsmith tensiometers on my 990's wheels. I use the tone test for my 990's spokes and it works well enough for me. ymmv

pschuler wrote:I have experience building bicycle wheels too. Any idea if a bicycle tension meeter would work on the moto gauge spokes? I was thinking I would be able to tru the moto wheel while its on the bike.
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

Thanks for the clarification.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

with the Wasp dead, the wheel lacing project is on hold. But I do plan on taking y'all up on your offers to help destroy... er... lace a new set of rims!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris