I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

09' XR650L NEED HELP MOUNTING NEW TIRES. WILL PAY $. Towson

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
WHY.GO.HOME

09' XR650L NEED HELP MOUNTING NEW TIRES. WILL PAY $. Towson

Post by WHY.GO.HOME »

So, I just bought a set of Dunlop 606 tires along with tubes for my bike. It's going to be great to get rid of the stock tires, and i'd really like to (need to) do so before this weekend at Greenridge. All the shops i've talked to are real backed up and pricey. This is something that I certaintly can't do on my own, and would appreciate if someone who knows what they're doing could help me out. I'd be willing to pay someone like $50 for the help, and can drive the bike whereever. Can't pay much more than $50 because i'm poor, but let me know what your thinking and i'm sure we can work something out. :cheers:

Thanks everyone!

Andrew
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Re: 09' XR650L NEED HELP MOUNTING NEW TIRES. WILL PAY $. To

Post by Hare »

i am busy this week ( i am not a bike shop) but as long as you can work to my schedule (forever changing) we can get her done. call me 443790-- Joe- -8110
brownwhale

Post by brownwhale »

I'm in Essex, I can help you out, send me an email pbrownw@yahoo.com
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:( i am not a bike shop)
maybe not but you should be! Sidecar repairman extraordinaire! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

If you don't get them done this week, just bring them with you to Greenridge and we can swap them there. I think every ride I've done with Sallydog, he's had to do a tire or tube change at the camp.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:If you don't get them done this week, just bring them with you to Greenridge and we can swap them there. I think every ride I've done with Sallydog, he's had to do a tire or tube change at the camp.
or in the field - don't forget the DAMN Pine Barrons ride and the saga of the pinched tubes!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

He also did wheel bearings at the DAMN pine barrens trip, but I guess I don't have much room to talk after the repairs on my bike at last years reunion.
:beathorse:

the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Wednesday night in Clarksburg, MD (about 1:15 or so from you - with traffic). I'm doing the same thing, and I'm almost a pro (ask SallyDog). 5am, in the dark, in 20° weather, after riding all night with them strapped on my back.
WHY.GO.HOME

Post by WHY.GO.HOME »

Thanks everyone. I will negotiate my options and hopefully have them on the bike before Greenridge, but, if not, it's nice to know I can bring them there.

THEDUDEHIMSELF: Sorry man. I'd love to drive out there, but have a night class @ 7. Normally I'd be okay missing, but it's physics and theres an exam that night. :frustrated:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

WHY.GO.HOME wrote:Thanks everyone. I will negotiate my options and hopefully have them on the bike before Greenridge, but, if not, it's nice to know I can bring them there.

THEDUDEHIMSELF: Sorry man. I'd love to drive out there, but have a night class @ 7. Normally I'd be okay missing, but it's physics and theres an exam that night. :frustrated:
Thursday is free too.